My first day out on the Christmas road trip began with a 15 degrees Oklahoma morning. And I know a lot more about the Marathon heating system that I did yesterday.

This morning I also had an inverter fault - high battery voltage, whatever that means. I reset the inverter and it went away but it had effected the bathroom heater and would only supply power to two of the three Cruisairs (making it think it was inverting power while it was tied up to 50 amp). After I reset it, everything worked as it should.

The Webasto ran like a champ cycling off and on all night long with the rear and center heaters working as needed.

When I got to McAlester this afternoon, I was able to set the galley SMX controller to run the electric heat in there and set the bathroom heater up to come on (hopefully) when it chills down some.

One thing I didn't plan for in the sub freezing temp was that I inadvertantly dropped the end of the sewer hose that connects to the coach and even though it only fell a little more than a foot, it snapped the ear right off the plastic coupler. Evidently that plastic doesn't like cold weather. So a trip to the local Wal Mart fixed that issue and the tanks took a steamy dump.

I was surprised that the bay temperature never got below 65. I also found a cold water leak on the lower radiator hose, so that will need tightening when it warms up some. At this point, I am thinking that my trip to Arizona may be via El Paso as the weather across Northern New Mexico is supposed to be way cold right after Christmas (single digits with snow).

We also had a near miss at the Flying J when my daughter's Jack Russell terrier came upon a man walking a ferret in the grass by the dump station.

I also realized the Hummer doesn't have the right washer fluid as it is now a block of ice......