Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: On The Road for Christmas

Ray,

Of all the things I do have going, that isn't one of them. I will get it rigged up in a couple of days and let you know.

We made it to Fort McDowell this afternoon and I have done nothing but work on crap all evening.

An intermittent clicking in the area above the driver's seat turned out to be a Xantech AC-1 relay that senses the plasma powering up and turns on the audio system. I got to trouble shoot this one going down I-10 while Rae was driving. Marathon's parts department is down due to inventory, so a quick Google search turned up the offending part for about half price.

So after checking into the RV park, I went out to unhook the Hummer and find a belt hanging out of the engine compartment. Opening the doors show not one but two belts off (one of the three going to the fan drive and one of the two going to AC compressor). But I think the resourceful Jack14R left me some spare belts, so that is tomorrow morning's task.

Then while I had Marathon's lone tech guy (what happens if this guy goes to take a crap and a snake bites him on the ass?) on the phone, I asked him about the ceiling accent light not working. I figured it was the bulb, but where is the unit? He says it is under the sink in the bathroom. So I go look and there is a panel under the sink and sure enough there the unit is. And since the fan runs, I pull the bulb out and it is bad, so another item to procure tomorrow.

So unless something else runs a wheel off, I may end up with a maintenance day tomorrow. Oh, I also kicked a hole in the Mickey Mouse plastic diffuser under the front Cruisair Saturday night, so I had ordered one of those on the leg to El Paso yesterday.
    Last edited by Jerry Winchester; 12-27-2007 at 08:51 PM.

Hi Jerry. I got that same light coming home from Branson in the middle of the night. It was in the low 30's at the time. My front air bags or shocks got a little noisey also in the cold weather.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gary,

I had the same noise yesterday when it was so cold. I figured it was a bushing or some such item, but when I would hit a good dip the impending bounce would produce a groan. Kinda like the same noise Loc McNew makes when driving with a Cracker Barrel turtlehead.

No such noise today.

Also, the light didn't come on this morning either. Go figure.

It's Rae's fault, she was driving and belts flew off! Check the pressure regulator to make sure you have the right pressure on the bellows, I believe it's about 50-60 lbs. and hopefully there isn't a bellows problem. I just changed all my belts as a PM item. I put green lines (HD) on everything except the CC bus air/alternator belts.

Call me if you need part numbers Sparky...

ajhaig Guest

JDUB,

We left Fort McDowell early this AM. We are currently at Desert West Coach in Phoenix (had a exhaust manafold gasket replaced and they chased down some air leaks for us). Desert West does warranty work for Prevost and Marathon, if you need to find any parts they should be able to help.

We're off to Tucson in the AM... Any tips as to where to stay?

AJ

AJ,

I have only stayed at Beaudry's and we are going to hit Wells Fargo in Tombstone on the way back, so that's no help. I hate it that we missed you today.

When you are in Tucson, go eat at Mi Nidito. Order the beef burrito enchalada style.

http://www.minidito.net/main.html

You can park the coach around the corner by the car junkyard and they will be closed on the 31, 1 & 2nd.

If you are going to be there next week, let me know.

JDUB

Default Irritating Noise Producer

This is where the offending part lives

a1.jpg

Clicking culprit

a2.jpg

However, I once had an odd noise in my airplane that suddenly showed up in flight and caused me more than a little concern. After cycling or shutting down everything I could, I found out that the noise was in fact my wife snoring in the back seat.

No such luck this time, but she was in fact snoozing while enroute.

a3.jpg

Default More Parts

Here is what was left of the bumper

a4.jpg

It's former location

a6.jpg

The damage

a5.jpg

New parts installed

a7.jpg

Nice green belts and just for the record, your problems are because you don't have any rivets! Is that the same door we beat to death at Branson?

We're all envious, we wanta make some smoke.....

Default Fixin to Hit the Road

Gettin ready to take a run over this weekend and thought of GaryDe while under the bus greasing the "U Joint"-

I know Paranoia - what is a guy to do?
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost