Thread: Infinity Lights/Roap lighting

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Default Infinity Lights/Roap lighting

These lights have random bulbs out and now having had this bus for almost 2 years I have finally figured out how the converter designed them to be removed for repair or replacement. They are not on but rope lighting is placed between opposing mirrored surfaces to give the illusion of depth.

This has really been buggin me.

I have seen this stuff on more than just a few conversions.

Any one have this style Wood Window Trim and mood lighting in between the windows? I know the correct way to open this puzzle up

My Bus 172.jpg

My Bus 167.jpg

My Bus 166.jpg
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 12-23-2007 at 12:11 PM.

Beautiful woodwork Joe. Assume it's koa and walnut, very classy. Hope we all get to see it next year. Our best regards for the holidays.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Brian I don't know what it is. Bill and Jody have this same window treatment but their lighting is different. The converters got this stuff from a common supplier, they all used it just like the corian countertops. I often wonder if that info was avalable.

I know it is not Koa. Could be Walnut but it looks more like cherry with a stain to me, that is a guess. How about it JPJ what kind of wood are we looking at here.

Also, are the tubes for fluorescent lights powered by D/C interchangeable with tubes powered by ac current?

Merry Christmas and may God bless you all.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 12-23-2007 at 12:44 PM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    Brian I don't know what it is. Bill and Jody have this same window treatment but their lighting is different. The converters got this stuff from a common supplier, they all used it just like the corian countertops. I often wonder if that info was avalable.

I know it is not Koa. Could be Walnut but it looks more like cherry with a stain to me, that is a guess. How about it JPJ what kind of wood are we looking at here.

Also, are the tubes for fluorescent lights powered by D/C interchangeable with tubes powered by ac current?

Merry Christmas and may God bless you all.
    That sure is beautiful woodwork. The average person has no idea how much skill and craftsmanship go into it, especially the radiused inner frames. It looks like that which is usually found in a high end yacht. After all those years it still looks new. The wood appears to be Cherry. I can see that same quality in the photo's of JPJ's furniture!
    Joe, I edited my post to bring it into the 21st cen. evidently someone found it beneficial to mfg. a miniaturized circuit board ie. 12v. powersupply w/balast for small fluorescent lights. The link for one is here:

http://www.absak.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/25_65_70
    Last edited by JIM CHALOUPKA; 12-23-2007 at 07:35 PM.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I have 2 different types of fluorescent tube sizes. These lites do not require the inverter or any a/c current. They work off the batteries. The kitchen, bath, hall and dinette lites are thin one footers. We also have that bigger diameter tube running all the way down both sides of the great room.

When we first got it I picked up a bunch of tubes from home depo before I even had time to figure out what was going on. Well none of those bigger diamiter tubes worked? The little thin ones did.

I do remember seeing ballasts in there and thinking, maybe those. They do require cold service ballasts for better starting performance in the cold and maybe they are not that type and damaged?

Still doesn't answer that 12volt power source for fluorescent lighting.

I used to get my fluorescent light bulbs fo rthe first bus at Wal-Mart in the RV section.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    I have 2 different types of fluorescent tube sizes. These lites do not require the inverter or any a/c current. They work off the batteries. The kitchen, bath, hall and dinette lites are thin one footers. We also have that bigger diameter tube running all the way down both sides of the great room.

When we first got it I picked up a bunch of tubes from home depo before I even had time to figure out what was going on. Well none of those bigger diamiter tubes worked? The little thin ones did.

I do remember seeing ballasts in there and thinking, maybe those. They do require cold service ballasts for better starting performance in the cold and maybe they are not that type and damaged?

Still doesn't answer that 12volt power source for fluorescent lighting.
    Many times there are part numbers on the lamps, if so post them and maybe someone in POG will know something.

bill&jody Guest

Brian I don't know what it is. Bill and Jody have this same window treatment but their lighting is different
    mine's black walnut. i think joe's is the same. i don't have the lighting panel in the center tho.

as for fluorescents, they're a pita. i've replaced all the kitchen fixtures, and most of the others. seems the 12vdc converters in the electronics are pretty tempremental. and quite fussy about their 12v source.

wmm