Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You ain't gonna believe this one...

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default You ain't gonna believe this one...

Awright.

Well-noted for not wanting to get into the icky part of working a coach, the 'flush' (being polite) in this ol' coach was not working as noted on other threads.

Since it is, well kinda one of those things a person needs, got out the manuals, and started looking around at different wires and tubes and pipes. (Cue the Chorus!).

For two days in trying to figure this thing out, and getting multiple emails from a former Plastic Guy, I was determined.

Turns out that the Microphor flush needs 12v power and air pressure to work. Since every coach is different (and this one was modified) and the wiring made no sense at all it was apparent that there MUST be a way to get this thing working properly.

TA-DA!

The retrofitted Microphor has its own pancake air compressor and there was an unlabelled toggle switch. Flipped it on, the air compressor kicked in and Voile! fixed the problem and now good to go (y'know).

OK.

Gimme some of them tools. Gonna change out the injectors after I polish the inside of the turbo. Lemme at 'em.

Toldja you wouldn't believe it.

Glad to hear that it only took a simple fix. This is certainly a high priority area that, when in need of repair, requires immediate attention.

Some things just gotta work on the bus!

Well hang on, I'm gonna run out and blow the WHISTLE

Red face

Not quite sure if turning it on equates to a repair

Just Plain Jeff Guest

JimC: When YOU get a bus, we'll decide what constitutes a repair or not.

Making stuff work (especially this one) is the important thing. I am sure most people will agree.

Anyone want a tranny dropped?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I'm with Jim on this one, that was no repair, put your tools away.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jeff View Post
    JimC: When YOU get a bus, we'll decide what constitutes a repair or not.

Making stuff work (especially this one) is the important thing. I am sure most people will agree.

Anyone want a tranny dropped?
    Hey JPJ, I now I shouldn't talk and definitely try to keep my mouth shut, but sometimes I just can't keep quiet.

What a crock! Here's the real story.....

Sockman sends me an e-mail whining about his poop thingy not working. My first thought is to turn him over to Jdub since he's the POG poop expert. Instead, I spend 2 days of e-mails, Microphor parts pictures, diagnostic instructions, flapper 101, air pressure specs, 12v electrical circuits and tons of advise on how to use complicated tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, etc..

Now he finds a freaking toggle switch and brags about his repair job!

Hey Skiffer, now I know what you meant......

Just Plain Jeff Guest

The Plastic King is right: Instead, I spend 2 days of e-mails, Microphor parts pictures, diagnostic instructions, flapper 101, air pressure specs, 12v electrical circuits and tons of advise on how to use complicated tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, etc..

He did do everything and more.

But it does point out that sometimes a guy needs to think it through before using all the stuff in the tool box and taking stuff apart that might not go back together. Ever had that happen?

Hey, gimme a break here, it was a secret switch and now I know how the whole deal works. Just like MM. Fix one and you nailed it.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

That's what you get for buying a used bus.

If it will make you feel better I have plumbing valve stuff that I can't figure out yet.

Truk the fact that he called you speaks volumes and should make you feel all good inside. You would do it again and we all know it