Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is It?

i believe it is either:
    1. an removable tuning fork for those road shows...this model has the auto-pitch option (handle) in an effort to achieve perfect tone

or

2. a portable throat blessing device for St. Blaise day...a very handy device if you are a traveling catholic

or

3. a substancial dual marshmellow roating rod designed for very, very large marshmellows and very, very large fires...note, the handle adjucts for those hard to reach angled roasting situations...you can actually sit with your left or right shoulder facing the fire and still roast your marshmellow

CHEERS

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    I hope you are parked when you opt to exercise that train whistle. Judging by the size of pipe you will take you aux air system pressure from maximum to zero with one or two toots.

Pray the installer knew the difference between the aux air and the braking system air.

To heck with being parked, Jon. If I blow the whistle long enough to loose air pressure for the brakes, well at least they'll know I'm a coming

wrongagain Guest

I have train whistle in mine , but I dont have all the fancy gear, just a simple pull knob.

You will still have brakes Ted, but your belts will be loose, your seat will sink, and your floor won't slide.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

And if you have a Microphor flush, it won't.

We'll let other folks write about that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jeff View Post
    And if you have a Microphor flush, it won't.

We'll let other folks write about that part.

Just wondering, Jeff. Was the Microphor flush thought the first thing that came to mind? There is help available if these crappy thoughts persist. I'm only trying to help out here.

Jon, the train whistle just runs through the auxiliary compressor. I went out and played with it this evening and never got either air guage to bump.

I went out and played with it this evening and never got either air guage to bump.
    Although I'm pretty sure that Jon is kidding (somewhat), I just wanted to make sure whether or not you actually have an auxilliary air gauge? My older coach ('93) had two air guages primary and secondary for the brake system, but did not have an aux air gauge. My newer coach has 3 guages.

I've talked to others in the past who have mistaken the secondary guage for an aux guage.

Ray

Thanks, Ray. No, I have no gauge for the aux. air. I was watching the gauges for the front and rear main air supply. Blowing the whistle got no movement from either of these gauges.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Wrote Microphor because there is some other guy's Bird sitting under my RV port and it is getting emails (with pictures) from a former Plastic Man to fix its dealie to work.

Got a Swiss Army knife and a lot of motivation (increasing by the moment) to make the Microphor work but that doesn't get it done now, does it?

I am completely serious. The gauges you see are the brake system gauges. You can pull the aux air down to zero and the air in the brake system will not flow into the aux system.

But your aux system is used for a variety of purposes which may include your belt tensioners on the engine, your generator air bags, sliding floor, windshield wipers on older coaches, and Jeff's toilet.