Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Montana LLC - CO, IL & OH

Default Montana LLC - CO, IL & OH

For those of you with Montana LLC's and living in CO, IL or OH, those states have now purchased the Secretary of State data base and are going after owners that have a Montana LLC and using their home address.

Merry Christmas.......

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    For those of you with Montana LLC's and living in CO, IL or OH, those states have now purchased the Secretary of State data base and are going after owners that have a Montana LLC and using their home address. Merry Christmas.......
    Tom, do you mean using your home address for the LLC or what exactly?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Get a P.O box in Montana and use it instead.

I've spoken a number of times with Steve Bennett at California Coach regarding this. California is also clamping down on Montana LLC's, and from what Steve has mentioned, they are clamping down on 45 coaches being driven without proper Class B licenses.

Although it would have saved me a "ton" of money at my recent bus trade (and yearly too), I decided it's just too risky (for me) to try the LLC route.

From that I understand the state is targetting Montana licensed coaches pulling toads with CA tags. Evidently they are also targetting coaches which can be see stored outside, with Montana plates, parked long-term in CA.

I don't know, it definately seems that big-bro is watching.

Ray

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

They are going to run people off and in the end will end up with less revenues, not more.

Ray, in the line right next to the folks being HARASSED for a special licence for campers will be the illegals waiting for their licenses.

I complained the whole time while paying the Texas state sales tax, but I wasn't comfortable doing the Montana thing. It did find it interesting that the finance company mentioned that some lenders are no longer lending to Montana LLC's. They did say that there was still a lender or two, but that a number had stopped doing that business.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Just Plain Jeff Guest

IF it turns out that challenges to the Montana LLC are some kind of a coordinated effort on the part of the states to recapture lost sales tax revenues, one can expect that the Montana deal is over.

Historically, the relationships between the states with regard to residency requirements and such always has to do with the money.

There was a case a few years back where a challenge was made on an Oregon coach owner and the guy got stuck for $110K in sales taxes, penalties and all kinds of nasty stuff.

It may be that, "Pay now or Pay later," could be in the works for revenue-strapped states.

These events will bear the closest scrutiny in the coming months for those with the Montana registrations. By the way, not only are banks getting fussy about the Montana deals, but insurance companies as well as their rates are determined by an honest answer to the question, "Where will be the principal place of residence be." Fudge on that question and have a claim and that's insurance fraud.

Some POG stuff is serious.

It did find it interesting that the finance company mentioned that some lenders are no longer lending to Montana LLC's.
    That was the word I got when I financed my new coach. If I were planning on a Montana LLC, either the deal would have been off, or hampered in some way.

Joe, actually, I have no "problem" paying taxes in CA. I live here, and drive the roads, and feel it's the right thing to do. However, I certainly wish they were more reasonable in price. Right at the moment it's around $200 a month for yearly tags on a coach that I might drive 5000-7000 miles, many of them out-of-state!

Ray

Deb,

Yes, some have used their home address for the Montana LLC's and that's where these 3 states are catching people. If your Montana LLC shows a Montana address, I wouldn't be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Deb,

Yes, some have used their home address for the Montana LLC's and that's where these 3 states are catching people. If your Montana LLC shows a Montana address, I wouldn't be concerned.
    ok, thanks Tom!