Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Contest Deal

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default And the winner is....

...the first guy who posted.

He kinda had the edge because during his recent visit to Parliament, the former Resinmobile Man was waxing nostalgic about his previous coach and had prowled the very same places. (Why is it that some folks have can't just park in the coach and be happy?)

Anyway, Truk nailed it cold.

Parliament has just completed two brand new XLII coaches, with delivery of the first in coming days, the second quite soon. A third is waiting in the wings for an MPD sufferer, who is desirous of a 40-footer instead of a 45.

The business with the side-view cameras is that Prevost is projecting that the company will ultimately drop the Crapco (why is it that Crapco comes out whenever I mean to write RAMCO?). Anyway the Prevost engineers are contemplating a move at some point to eliminate mirrors altogether once they can get sign off from the safety people and so on. A test balloon of the idea was floated at last year's Parliament Travel Club Rally in Clearwater by Robert Jones, who was at Kerrville.

Oh, the prize: Truk may claim his Big Deal Contest Prize by contacting Ken Robertson, GM at Parliament who has conspired in this little exercise; but we all learned something.

Off to new places and things. Who can imagine what will come next?

Well done former PlasticMan!!! (And he didn't cheat).

Although totally incorrect... I think my answers showed a lot more imagination and creativity.

mm

Just Plain Jeff Guest

I agree MM.

Now you can return my email FROM LAST WEEK.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

No mirrors hu.

All camera?

Thats cool.

Orren Zook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    No mirrors hu.

All camera?

Thats cool.
    Eaton has had a sonar like product available for some time that will indicate anything that is in a vehicles blind spot areas. Does anyone know if this camera concept incorporates something this?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Haven't seen that Orren but I like it too.

Have seen many trucks with cameras but none that have shed mirrors for them.

Orren Zook Guest

Joe,

Here's the link on this from Fleet Owner Magazine: http://fleetowner.com/equipment/what...ject_detection

Jeff. Regarding side view mirrors; What happens when its dark , foggy or snowing, etc. My back-up camera barely can see anything at night.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I'm with Gary. I have also had 2 camera or monitor failures. So what happens when you are cruising down the interstate 1000 miles from the nearest camera / monitor repair store and your system pukes. Do you park it while you await replacement parts?

I'll stick that idea in the same bucket as the Volvo engine.

JPJ,

What does Tom win? A discount on a new XL? The latest Emerson model? I would give Mango an honorable mention for his efforts.

On the mirror front, I heard a rumor that Ramco was merging with Espar. Not only will the mirrors flake but they will smoke as well.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston