Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bus Supports / Stands

Orren Zook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    BTW, the company sprays black, gray, and white routinely. Unless color is a big deal they can be any one of the three colors. They will be all alike no matter the color. If there is a strong concensus about color let me know and that is what it will be.

What, spray paint?!?!?! - no powdercoat?

It's definitely powder coat, but a spray application as opposed to fluidized bed or other application methods. And for what it is worth it is applied on the powder coating system previously used to powder coat Detroit Diesel Series 60 engine blocks.

How about chrome? I would have them done locally if they came un painted.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

What about a bright hunters orange to help us see them and remind us to remove them?

Jon,

I would like to have a set for a 2002 XLII 45

Thanks for doing this for all of us.

Richard Beecher
    2002 Marathon XLII 45
    1996 Vogue XL 40 for sale
    08 Sliverado

Talking

It sure was nice to see so many "take" a "stand" on Jon's "posts".

In their "work" they have "risen" to the "common" cause of "elevating" their coaches to a "uniform height" in the work area.

POGites are bonding

Jim....when it comes to puns, Loc has us all beat. I won't even try to be a smart ass here because he has an unending supply.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

I would be willing to take a stand on this issue, but don't have the meddle to do so. It would require the height of passion and raise the level of posting on this site to an even level. Furthermore, we need to have a steady and firm footing in our discussions.

That should support you in your efforts without raising the bar of dialogue on this forum too high.

Instead of trying to out pun the punster, should you not be splitting wood?

There is a family in ME freezing because of you.

Here is the tally as I understand it for stands.

Roger, Jim C, Peter VS (4 or 6), Brian E., Kim, Jim K., Ted De, Ray D. Miles, Hector, Greg, George C (2 sets), Gary D., Jim S, Bob 00, Rich B.

As of now it appears a set should be 14.5" for the front, and 13.5" for the rear with shims totalling .250" per stand to compensate for uneven floors or manufacturing variations in the shells. I am awaiting a concensus on XLII heights.

To Peter...I support my coach per the Prevost manual at the front and rear. They do not call for six supports.

Gary D, they can be supplied raw.

Greg, I don't know their capacity. They are of 3/16 wall 4 X 4 steel tubing. Peter, any idea? I think on my coach the rear supports will be carrying 17,000 pounds each.

to all...the colors will either be black, gray or white unless the company can time coating with a run of another preferred color. I posed the question to see if any color is possible. Special colors will be big bucks, so I suggest we see if there is a concensus on the three color choices, and meantime I will see if the company is running red or some other bright color such as yellow that this run can piggy back on.

To keep the costs down the run needs to be a single color.