Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bus Supports / Stands

For all who have expressed an interest I will measure my coach less 1/2" but I don't want to be responsible if yours is different. You need to verify the height will work because I know some coaches have different wheels or tires and that will affect the height.

No money need change hands. My daughter owns our old factory and she will be manufacturing them. I will settle with her when I deliver the stands. Before then, once the quantity is known I will get a firm number for the freight. One of the POG members indicated he would pick them up at the factory and that is OK. He should get a plant tour. I will post the presumed height later. Bear in mind this is for a 97 XL with 315 tires.

Kim, can you check an XLII? I hope they are the same.

I'm interested in a set, but will need to go out to the hanger and measure the bus ...

Ray

Ray, no rush. I was going to get them into production after Christmas.

I will use your dimensions to apply to an XLII chassis and hope the 40 is the same as the 45.

Jon, I will measure mine this weekend, that will give you 2 XLII to work from, I have an 01 45'. I will use the level low to raise it all the way up, I have no aux air at the house to add more air to try to get it a little higher but we will be able to compare notes. The stands look great but I have my needs covered, just trying to give you some info.
    Kevin

They look great. I would like to get a set also. I'm not sure if I will be able to determine the exact height for my bus based upon it's current storage location so I would ask you to use the same height as some other member who has a 45' XLII as close to my year as possible. Mine in an Preovost 2003 chassis. Thanks so much for putting this together in the hopes of keeping as many POG members alive as possible.

Miles & Laura Circo
    2004 Country Coach 45' XLII D/S

Default 45' XL dimensions

On my 45' XL the front dimension, floor to underside of body support point is 15" and the rear dimension from the floor to the underside of the body support point is 13 15/16".

These are with full bus air system pressure on the airbags and I think the heights are mechanically limited by the suspension linkage. I am sure there are variations from coach to coach and because of tire sizes and pressures.

Based on dimensions required for XLII coaches I think we can come up with a way to make the supports universal. I know we have some good thinkers out there so I'll throw out the first idea.

I think we can make the set two pairs, one pair 14.5 " and one pair 13.5". I will then see if we can include with each set eight shims cut to match the top of the stands and with 4 being around .100" thick, and 4 being around .150" thick. In this way you could fill the spaces if you desire with shims to compensate for uneven floors or variations in the shell. At the worst you might be supporting the coach 1/2" less than at maximum height.

If the XLII dimensions vary widely from the above we may require shell specific support heights but I don't think that will be an issue.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Jon,

Do you know exactly where I should measure when looking at my bus tomorrow? I'm not sure if I have a manual or picture detailing where the supports should be placed (measured).

Suggestions would be helpful, otherwise, I'll meansure in multiple locations and try to detail with pictures.

Ray

Ray, I can't be sure I would tell you the correct place. My support points are listed in the owner's manual. They are at the heavy steel structure immediately forward of the front wheels, and at the base of the vertical column just behind the tag wheels about in line with the mud flap.

On my old 87 there was also a point at the rear of the front axle subframe that was at the bottom of a vertical column member.

I am especially concerned about that being valid because as slides came along the structure of the coach has evolved to where the strength for support may no longer be like it was on the XL. I have zero clue on an H3.

dreamchasers Guest

Default Yes

These look great! Count me in for a set. We are planning on attending the Tenn. Ralley and can pick them up their.

Thanks,

Hector

Jon
    I'll take a set of four for a 91XL and 315 x 22.5 tires. Jon any idea of what weight these will support?
    GregM