Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bus Supports / Stands

Default Bus Supports / Stands

I can't find where I previously posted to see if there is any interest in stands to support the coach. Since I posted it I had some made so everybody could see specifically what I was talking about, and so I could get a reasonable quote.

The stands are pictured below. The intent is to find out who would like them, and what height the purchaser would like them. Dale uses a variation and perhaps he can make suggestions both to the configuration and dimensions.

I would suggest a height about 1/4" less than the distance between the floor and the support point on the bus when fully raised.

The price quoted will be in the $30 range plus freight. I was thinking of having them shipped to my home and I will deliver them to the TN rally goers, and space permitting will bring the ones for the NV rally with me. Let me know who is interested top see if there is enough quantity for a run.

These are heavy, a minimum of 3/16 steel, and powder coated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

dalej Guest

Sweet Jon, really sweet! thats what the kids say now a days to describe something that looks really nice. You have got a nice bus stand there.

Don't even ask to see mine!

dalej Guest

For those of you that like to work on your bus i.e. shocks, air bags, air valves or change oil and
    do the service work, you need to use these stands.

For those of you that want to use stands, you just might need a aux compressor to raise the bus
    all the way up so you can set the stands and work underneath with out the feeling of what if.

The height is always best if its all the way up and then let it settle a bit on the stands. When you
    are ready to move the bus it's nice to have a air compressor that will pump up to around 135 to
    raise the bus to get the stands out. Then you can lower it below ride height and then start the bus.

Sometimes when I'm in a hurry to move the bus I use my air over hydraulic jack to raise the bus
    to remove the stands. Front first, remember.

Thumbs up Looks Like Furniture

Those sure are fine stands Jon.

Here is the link to your original offer.

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...light=supports

Default Jack Stands

Jon: That looks good to me, put me down for a set - make mine the same size and color as yours, I like black.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Petervs Guest

Hi Jon,

Nice design. I just gave Brian a chunk of 6 x14 wood so he could cut some supports. That works fine but has no elegance. More of a Winnebago approach I think.

I think you need to put me down for a set. 6 of them for a 45 foot coach, right? I will need to measure the heights needed and advise you in a few days.

Thanks for making another improvement in the lives of POGGERS.

Jon,

Actually, Peter doesn't need them because I'm going to give the wood blocks back. I'll sure take a set though. 4 at 14" will work for me. Am hoping to pick them up at Sevierville. Thanks.

Thanks Jon,

Count me in, the same height as for your bus.

Default Stands

What an opportunity ! Please put me down for a set. Thanks.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Put me down for a set. I'll check the heights today and send you a PM. Now, can I send you a check now, or are you going to finance this deal yourself? Did you weld up the prototypes? Very professional looking job.