Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Bus Supports / Stands

Jon,
    I would like set for my 1997 Marathon XLV.
    Jim Shoen
    775-843-8656

Here is the tally for stands as near as I can determine and the shell type I think each person has.

Roger F XL Jim C XL?
    Peter VS XL Brian E XL
    Kim S XLII Jim K XL
    Ted D XL Ray D XLII
    Miles C XLII Hector XL
    Greg XL George XL (2 sets)
    Gary D XLII Jim S XL
    Bob 05 XLII Rich B XLII
    Denny XL Mango H3
    Jim Shoen XL

For simplicity sake I think the XL sets should be 14" for the front and 13" for the rear. For the XLII sets 14" for the front and 12" for the rear.

I am sure of the XL dimensions, but there have been several posted for the XLII. Someone please verify. The dimensions should be 1/2 to 1" less than the distance between the support point and the floor. This allows the coach to be raised and the stands placed under the support and then lowered to the stand.

Mango... Please provide dimensions for the H3, front and rear.

As suggested by Peter the handle will be such that a rod or hook can be used to place them and it will be down low to prevent tipping. I will ask for gray powder coated finish, and if anybody absolutely prefers white or black post it or let me know and if they can be run separate then they will.

I will ask for shim plates with each set so the bus can be supported at a higher level or the space between the support point and the top of the stand can be equalized if desired to minimize or avoid any body twist.

Tom has offered to lend his expertise for transportation so it is likely we can have some delivered to Sevierville, some to Pahrump or some other central point. I will pay for them out of my pocket, so when all costs (shipping and otherwise) are known, and prior to start of production I will post them and ask for money.

Jon
    If its not too late figure me in for a set......XL ll
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla

I've added Rick D for an XLII, and Eric F for an XL

Hi Jon,

Please add me to the list. Thanks for your effort.

Ken

You are added Ken...XL stands.

Jon,

Ill get down to the bus barn today after work and get you some dimensions.

Thanks

Mike

Final prices are confirmed.

The price per set of four stands, will be $112. Those prices do not include shipping. Truk has been asked to wave his magic wand and see what our freight will cost and as soon as he has that I would appreciate if he would post it or let me know.

The handles will be low as requested by Peter, the color for now is expected to be gray, and each set will consist of 14" for the front, and 12" or 13 inch for the rear depending on your type coach. Mango, post the dimensions for an H3, and a set specific to an H3 will also be created.

Each set will also include shim plates to either even out the space between the coach and the top of the supports so the body of the coach doesn't twist, or to keep the coach supported at the maximum height. The weight of the supports is around 18# each, 72# for a set.

If anybody wants to opt out, let me know, if anybody else wants a set let me know, and expect them to be available at Sevierville or Pahrump. Other locations will require some special arrangements. One anonymous member who is pissing me off because he is diving and flying almost every day in the Bahamas may arrange to get his by meeting me somewhere in between.

Maybe he will post here and introduce himself and tell us about his coach.

I will pay for these and would like to be paid in advance or upon delivery. If you choose the former our mailing address is on Dales Map via the quick links button above.

dalej Guest

Jon, I think this all will work out good for the heights. I measured mine back on the other thread and posted 14 for the back and 12 for the front. If everyone wants to move them around they will have a choice. I think the 13 inch will work good too.

As for that member in the Caymen islands, we need to hear more out of him. I would like to see photos too!

On Monday I will send the final counts and dimensions for production.

Just so everybody is clear and XL set will be 14" for front, and 13" for the rear stands.

The XLII sets will consist of 14" for the front and 12" for the rear.

Mango has the lone H3 and he is confirming his dimensions. If anybody wants any dimensions other than the ones above let me know.

Freight has been calculated at $250 to get them to me, and I will get them to Sevierville and Pahrump. If somebody cannot get to to either rally, or cannot arrange for a friend to pick them up at either rally lets see if special arrangements can be made.

The stated price of $112 per set still holds, with the cost of freight to the rallies at about $12.00 for a total of $124 at the rally. I think some folks may want to go to the factory in Jamestown NY, get a tour and pick up the stands so obviously no freight charges there, but with the price of fuel it makes picking the supports up at the rally pretty cheap. But then you miss the factory tour and meeting my daughter who is good enough to sell these at cost.