Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prevost-Stuff.com. Learned more there?

Jeff,
    Tell me how to stick a JPG in my text?

I haven't tried it, but down below the reply entry form is a button titled manage attachments. This brings up a dialog which allows you to upload. As a test, I'll attach a small image here.

ray

Well bummer, that doesn't end up in the message

dsavatar3.jpg

Second bummer. According to online help, and similar info in googled sites, the syntax

[attach]64[/attach]

should have worked, (my attachment id was 64) but it seems that the image is pointing to the wrong location .staging.prevostownersgroup.com, rather than just prevostownersgroup.com. I noticed a similar issue with subscription emails, also pointing to staging.xxxx.

This might be just a simply vBulletin config setting which wasn't updated when the board was brought online? We use vBulletin at our company, but it's an older version, and they've changed the image attachment stuff dramatically.

-ray
    Last edited by Ray Davis; 05-05-2006 at 12:09 AM.

test message
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeffery Raymond Guest

Default Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

As part of the upgrade to full status, apparently one of the functions for posting is in fact on staging and we will notify the Over Priced Software People to get it fixed!

Jeffery Raymond Guest

We just received confirmation from the Over Priced Software People that they are going to get the full board moved.

Here's the story:

This is a completely different structure in the overall site than, well, the other one, using something called, "Site Manager," which will allow for much more flexibility over the years. What we did is get the site designed as www.staging.prevostownersgroup.com to get this moving early on.

As the site has become populated with more features, such as the many articles on the front page, they have been tweaking functionality. One of the remaining things is to moving this forum into full operational mode. That should be done today.

We have a flexible forum here and if you are experiencing any difficulties, pls PM us for support on specific issues; we're getting closer and closer.

Thanks much!

Ben Guest

Here goes my test... if it works, check out the pic... it's a prevost with an interesting license plate. It drove past me a few months ago in Florida.

YES! It worked!
    I just wish it would show the image full size within the message without having to click on it.

Ben, did you just attach the image?

Supposedly if you do something like [attach]64[/attach] where the number is your attachment ID it's supposed to display the image. Did you try that?

Ray

Let my try one more time. Perhaps it's working now?

95_3.jpg

Nope, when you use the attach syntax in the message body, it works, however the URL points to staging.prevostownersgroup.com. Bummer.
    Last edited by Ray Davis; 07-12-2006 at 08:13 PM.

Ben Guest

I was able to attach the image. I click the Manage Attachment button at the bottom of the reply screen, fed it an image, clicked upload and it was attached to the message. I didn't have to do anything special in the message itself.

As an expiment, this time I did as above, but then clicked on the link for the image in the Attache Files area below the reply area that I'm typing this text into, which opened the image and then I copied the URL for that image and now I'm inserting that via the Image icon that I usually use to attach images that are on external web sites (ya know the mountain icon that's above the reply field). That way I have a URL and it just happens to be a prevostownersgroup.com URL.

I'm guessing that didn't work because it doesn't end in .JPG or any other image formats file extension so the boad didn't recognize it as an image.

Here I'll try the tex that Ray suggested:
    plates.jpg

And that didn't work either. So, I guess we're stuck with a tiny preview that you have to click on to view full sized. That's not all that idea, but it better than nothing.

Let's try something here...

grapes_purple_closeup.jpg

Looks like it's working now. Just use the
    Code:
    [attach]attachmentid[/attach]
    syntax.

Matthew, logged in as Jim.
    Last edited by Jim Skiff; 08-11-2006 at 07:04 PM.