What exactly is Blended Fuel? Is it an industry standard or simply a loosely used term?

I have always assumed it was #2 diesel cut with #1 diesel, to some degree, plus maybe some anti-jelling/waxing agents?

I have seen guys put 10 gal of #1 on top of 90 gal. of blended diesel when it gets reeeeeeeeel cold to keep from jellin.

Does kero contain this quality or is this superstition?

Some say additives you put in yourself are a waste of money they are already in blended fuel, fact or fiction?

I having gelled up more than once over the years, practice all of the above.
The additives used according to recommendations adds a nickle a gallon. If kero(#1fuel) is as good, at least your getting something to burn and get some miles out of.

The additive I purchased the other day was 14 bucks, treated 250 gal. but was just over a quart in volume. For the same cash I could have got 4 gal of #1 fuel and that is another 25 miles further down the road I'll get on that.

I also have this idea that because of our bus engines in the rear and the tanks shielded as they are that it would have to get wicked cold before you would jell up with good fuel.

Anyone ever jelled up a fuel system on their bus, going down the road?