Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Static Eliminator Strap

lewpopp Guest

All The Recollections I Have About Dragging Something Was A Chain Under All Of The Trucks Years Ago. Back In Harry's Era.

I Never thought much about it. The Coach rides on rubber tires, so it seems normal to have some kind of grounding contact . If you are driving an all metal frame bus with a lot of stainless steel it seems prudent.
    I have read about static electricity and Fuel being a bad mix, so there is another good reason to have a strap.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Static discharge

It is indeed a static discharge strap.

Just in case you have a new coach with one of those keyless entry systems, if there was a sudden and rapid equalization of unequal static electrical charges.. One could find yourself needing a "magic code" to get in!

Once such a charge has entered your coach, seemingly inanimate objects such as flashlights, could suddenly and without warning administer nasty shocks! These charges can remain at near fatal levels for days, weeks... MONTHS I hear!

Strange high pitched noises could be noted from other seemingly unrelated systems, such as your AC.

Large inflatable objects such as balloons, blow up women and or sheep could be attracted to metal objects, charged in the opposite polarity.. to the point of appearing to be attached to them!

This is nothing to fool with,,, nothing at all....

Jdub, Mango... -----> Insert "AMEN" here <-----

Amen Brother

Found just the right strap. I think I will order this one. It's on Mile's must have list of cool tools for the bus. Along with that (high dollar) surge protector, polotary tester every thing a guy could ever want in a plug in device that I wish I had gotton a week ago.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Jeep,

Artfully said and every word true. I think Country Coach missed the boat by not installing the requisite ground strap on its coaches.

I hear those undischarged flashlights are nasty when inadvertently discovered. CC should issue a safety bulletin on this problem.

But CO2 filled inflatable co-pilots are but a pleasant side effect.

JDUB,

I thought your artfully inflated copilot went AWOL in Branson. Have you recently acquired a new friend?
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Jon was thinking that he should have hooked up the static discharge dealie better when he was working on the Hindenberg crew.

Y'know....

Ya know Jeep, just when I thought the skies had finally cleared, here comes another sortie! But I gotta hand it to you, it made me laugh, so here ya go,
    "Amen".

Hillary.jpg

Kelly Jo - We feel sorry for ya honey!