Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1991 Liberty H3 40

Judi Brown Guest

Exclamation 1991 Liberty H3 40

We have had this coach for 6 months and I want to start wabasco and not having much luck. Where is it located on coach. Jud.

Jud,

Just a guess, as I have '97 Liberty, but on mine it's on a rocker switch on the left side of the dash. Then there should be a couple of thermostats (looks like the type in your home) that control the individually zoned heaters.

Mike

Judi Brown Guest

Exclamation 1991 H3 40 Liberty

=Judi Brown;21386]We have had this coach for 6 months and I want to start wabasco and not having much luck. Where is it located on coach. I would like to check filter.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Hello Judy

A couple of questions.

When you turn the switch on do you hear anything? If so, what do you hear.

Have you considered calling Liberty? Almost every bus has plumbing a little different and there is for sure some ball valves among other things that are incorporated into that system that you need to learn about and they will have all the answers.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 12-05-2007 at 07:50 PM.

Judi,

If the bus has been in warm weather and the Webasto not used in a few years you might need a little maintenance.

Traditionally the nozzle has tendency to get clogged, it's easy to change and only costs about $21.

There's a basic Webasto primer on my website and it will show you how to change the nozzle.

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Webasto/Webapage1.html

Since you're a NOOB (newbie) most the guys here (and Debi) will be glad to offer you assistance. More details and info about your problem/issues the better.

Mike

Judi Brown Guest

Talking 91 Liberty

We turn on switch marked webasco and don't hear any thing. I think I got some bad fuel as had to change filter on gen. twice in short time and drain
    raycor for motor. If I can find it, I'll change filter and knozzels.
    Jud

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Judy it sounds like there is more at issue here than a filter.

You should be able to here that unit running weather it is burning fuel or not.

Judi,

When you turn on the Webasto (at least on my coach) you should hear several fans inside the house, and outside near the Webasto itself you should hear a circulating pump.

If you have a plugged fuel filter you should still hear those components run. If you have corrected the fuel problem, but not run the Webasto it is unlikely the fuel filter is an issue.

You do not say if you have a 12V house or 24V house, but step one in my mind is to determine if the Webasto electric circuit has power. Check for a blown fuse, tripped breaker, or if a 24V house a bad relay at the Allen Bradley circuits.

Also check to verify that the thermostats which control the Webasto inside the house are set to a higher temperature than it really is, and also check to see if there is a switch lever under the thermostat, and the switch lever is pushed all the way to the right. That is an on-off switch.

I know this is coming at you like water through a fire hose, but it is all related to insuring you have power to the Webasto. Nothing else counts at this point.

Let us know if you have any questions, and provide us with as much informatin as possible. Mango and JDUB are experts at what is inside the Webasto, but they can't help you correct the actual unit until you have power to it.

Where are you located? Maybe a POG member more familiar is nearby.

Question

Judi, to help the helpers; you said you had the bus 6 months.

Do you know for a fact that the Webasto was working properly in that time period?

Oh yea welcome to the group. Sometime the water gets hot

JIM

Judi Brown Guest

Talking 91 Liberty

When we turn on webasco, we hear fans running, but know heat. I mite not be setting thermostad right. I was turning bottom lever to the left thinking it was for air conditioner. We live in Vancouver Can. and bus was parked in Cal.
    We never tried it till now, we did not get very good manuals for it and has been a learning period. We are new to this board and finding it more helpful
    than others we have used. Judi