Thread: Pull-through vs Back-in?

ajhaig Guest

Default Pull-through vs Back-in?

I'm curious what type of sites POGer's prefer, pull-through or back-in?

I've noticed that almost all of the other Prevosts I've ever seen at campgrounds are in back-in sites, perhaps it's just a coincidence. Somehow I doubt these people are trying to save a couple bucks.

AJ, for an overnight when I'm not going to unhook I want a pull-through. Otherwise I want a spot with as little late night noise as possible and that is usually a back in spot. Also, in the summer, I want 50 AMP electric service and will unhook and back in if necessary to get it.
    Really, we are "travelers" more than we are "campers" so we stay in all the usual free spots more than we do campgrounds, and they are all pull-throughs.

Pull-thrus seem to be the easiest unless someone parks their truck or car where I have to swing out in the morning. I don't tow at this time so I don't mind backing in either. In either case trees are the only other obstacle that sometimes is a problem.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

For a quick, overnight stop, we prefer a pull-through to avoid un-hooking the Jeep. Ease of entry and exit are also important, with particular attention to avoiding damage from trees, fence posts, etc.

Usually, however, we tend to stay put anyway from several days to several weeks. In that case, our priority is 50 amp service, level parking spot, and an absence of trees for that all-important satellite signal.

Unfortunately, not all campground owners/managers realize that the bus doesn't articulate in the middle and that 45 feet is greater than 36 feet.