Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Idea?

dreamchasers Guest

Default Christmas Idea?

At the request of my wife, I am asking for ideas of tools or gadgets that one might use in the quest of maintaining our newly acquired Prevost. With Christmas nearing, our annual buying ‘extravaganza’ begins. So this year, I have pointed all potential gift buyers to Prevost related items, large$$$ or small$. I have looked at ‘Prevoman’s’ website and the cool tools are definitely on the list.

Any other ideas of ‘would like to have’ or ‘must haves’ would be appreciated?

Lee says ‘thanks for you help’.

Hector

dalej Guest

Hector, If you are planning on working on your coach, i.e. change tires, air bags, then the list can be huge. Let us know what your skill level is and we can go from there.

The first thing that came to my mind was a 1 inch impact. So now you can see why we need to know what you are planning on doing.

Maybe someone will post Nick's tool list from POG 4. I just finished procuring the Fluke 52 dual digital thermometer via eBay and the initial run was sweet. Differential temperature in realtime and great accuracy. I also picked up the Fluke 337 clamp meter and the circuit "pen", so I am well on the way to getting the things I was short on.

This is also a great place to find neat tools; http://kk.org/cooltools/

dreamchasers Guest

Default Skills

Quote Originally Posted by dalej View Post
    Hector, If you are planning on working on your coach, i.e. change tires, air bags, then the list can be huge. Let us know what your skill level is and we can go from there.

The first thing that came to my mind was a 1 inch impact. So now you can see why we need to know what you are planning on doing.
    Skill Level, Humm?? Well, I guess that depends on who you asked? But as I have learned owning our American Eagle, 'if you want it done right, be prepared to do it yourself." With that in mind, I want to handle most things that come up, with the exception of heavy mechanical (engine, transmission work, etc). From what I have learned so far, troubleshooting suspension issues will require the removal of tires and wheels to access components. So, I am sure I will start with jacks and the torque multiplier$$.

Also, in my younger years, I spent a few years working on rice farms in the Gulf Coast area of Texas. I can handle most farm related equipment, plus I have made a living working in the electronics field, mostly control systems used in the oil industry.

So I guess I am looking for a parred down list for newbies.

Hector

Hector,

If you have experience in the Electronics Field, we need you badly! I can visualize a seminar to follow.....

Default Christmas List

Hector: Man this is exciting

If the mechanical parts are ok and dont need immediate attention - go for the Bling Stuff.

L.E.D.S. , Drop down TV Monitors in the kitchen for the Ms to watch while preparing your favorite meal, Navigation system, tire pressure monitor system (which I dont have but Joe and others do), Water pressure gauge (A1 Jon has one, along with dual water pumps), Aux air gauge if you dont already have one.

Maybe some side wireless cameras installed in the rear view mirrors (like Milleniums) hooked into another dash monitor. I have seen the new crapco mirrors with camera behind the lense but they are stored in the vault at Ft. Knox.

Last nite I just installed a wireless printer hidden in a cabinet (that the previous owner had installed) it was really tuff, I just plugged it in.

Gary De has a mirror finish stainless tool box in his bay that makes my mouth drool.

A good tire gauge (Milton) 30.00 bucks at Northern.

Thats just for starters
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Some ideas over at the Cool Bus Tools on Prevoman.com

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Cool%20Toos/ToolsPg1.html

Mike

Default Kewl Tool

Well then of course you have BV's pneumatic margarita maker.

Jim_Scoggins Guest

A 3 pound short handled sledge hammer!
    (for working on inverter-chargers)
    Last edited by Jim_Scoggins; 12-01-2007 at 07:31 AM.

Default Mo Christmas Suggestions

Gift Certificates for Dinner at Mango Mikes.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost