Thread: 24v to 12v for tow

lewpopp Guest

Default 24v to 12v for tow

I have mentioned that I have had problems with the 24 to 12 for the tow car before. I had the printed circuit rebuilt and now I had a couple of guys build me a device to skirt the printed circuit.

They will install it tomorrow and I expect it will work fine. It will be a lot cheaper than what Marathon said it would cost me. $1000 and I doubt it included installation with their retofit box.

I should be good to go tomorrow.

Lew,

I posted what I did on the bus nut site. Relays are cheap, easy, and only involve some wires and a place to mount them.

If Marathon wants $1000 I think they need to be spanked.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Hey Lew, why dontchya just run separate wires and use 28v aircraft bulbs?

No more funny little circuit boards and it'll cost you a little labor. Heck, you get the parts and we'll do the deed at the POG rally.

Marathon quoted a guy $8800 for a new Brad & Hall sofa.

I understood that to mean that they didn't want to do the job.

Jon, don't start talking about spanking on here or Mike's wife will have a Bugs Bunny fit and take away his computer priviliges.

I also did basically what Jeff said, but I didn't need 24v stuff. We ran new wires (like wiring a trailer) to two new bulbs we installed in the rear tail light housing. Now we have nothing tied to the Hummer wiring and it is easy to troubleshoot.

Okay, let the spanking begin.