Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I-75 Tifton, GA M/M 63B - Campground

I've been traveling back and forth to Michigan to visit Mangoette #1 at college. Since the Ohio turnpike has reworked it's rest areas they have added an RV lot. It's away from the trucks, quiet and provide electricity for $15 a night on the honor system. Water and dump available.

It's a great site and I'm appreciative of the fact it's available as we usually pull in about 1:00am - way too late to deal with a campground.

I usually put Lew's business card in the honor slot.

Mike

Hi Tom. Nothing wrong with that place at all. The small parks are going away however because they are not keeping up with todays demands. Big Buisness and Government are squeezing them out. Just a shame.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

win42 Guest

Security and vandalism is high on our priority list for a safe good nights sleep. Unfortunately California has big problems at their roadside rest stops including homicides. I think a little seminar on overnight security in our coaches is in order at a future rally. I am very happy no one in the group has any horror stories to tell on this subject and would like it to remain that way.

We see the small parks going away because of the failure to upgrade to accomodate bigger rigs, and 50 amp service.

For some, they just do not have the room to handle the larger rigs of today. It wasn't that long ago that the Winnebagos were 20 or 24 feet long and got along nicely on 30 amps. Nobody towed because the RV wasn't much longer than a pickup truck.

The times, they are changin.

New Coach Security Guy

MVC-003F.JPG

Ah Ha. I knew Jdub reminded me of someone. Luke..feel the FORCE
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Agrirama

Thanks for the lead on this place Tom!!!

A day away from home heading south it is PERFECT for the night.

Wi-FI - power - dump - secure--and only $ 20

We will certainly be using this place often.

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Default Reasonable vs Economical vs Efficient

We stayed in a Park along I65 last December that closely resembles the Georgia location. Alongside Interstate, easy in/out full service etc.. My ideas are similar to Jon's, we stay in a campground with all the amenities in Colorado and that satisfies us, but when traveling, in/out , sleep/eat and thats it. I've often thought that it is just a matter of time before we see outside "Kiosks" at Walmarts offering water/dump facility for a swipe of the old plastic card as well as a separate arrangement for Elec hookup. Of course this brings about a lot of room for thought (and diatribe).

I often wondered if building a chain of " no frills " RV parks would be a good investment. I considered starting in Jacksonville, FL on I-10 and building a park every 400 miles all the way to Los Angeles. $20/night for 50 amp, water, wifi, and a central dump site. Maybe an out of business shopping center could be leased so site work would be minimal.

What do you guys think?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Default Wal-Mart Idea

Hey guys--I will pass the Wal-Mart idea on to our son--who works at the home office. They are always trying to improve their bottom line!!! HA! We use Wal-Mart on the stop, let the dogs out and sleep mode. We always felt the security issue was addressed there with patrolling and cameras. We are not trying to put the park owners out of business, but don't want to mess with all that goes with it for just a night.

While you are making suggestions for parks, do you have any for Carmel and the Napa Valley? We would like to head that direction in June. I can't tell from the books which ones are really suited for the big rigs. Some look and sound questionable.

Thank you for your input.
    Carla