Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I-75 Tifton, GA M/M 63B - Campground

dalej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    Non of us can afford that 20 bucks. BUT YOU CAN, YOU'VE BEEN FREE LOADING THE PAST 3 NIGHTS.
    Lew, can you let us all know where this spot is, I want to stay at that place!

I'm with the Trukman on this one and as much as I don't want the government in anything to do with commerce, I might make an exception on this one. I don't view transient parking as an RV park issue and I don't mind dry camping a night or two especially when I know I am going to be some place where I can dump and fill the water tank shortly. But having hook ups at a fair ground or exposition center that can only utilize them during certain times and then let others use them in the off season is pretty reasonable in my book.

I know several rest areas on Interstate highways (state / federal funded) that have places to dump tanks and fill with water, so do you draw the line here? I know RV parks that charge upwards of $10 to dump and I don't necessarily think that is fair either. But having a good place to dump without all that crap ending up in someone's ditch makes better sense than having someone go 5 miles off the road, negotiate the trees and obsticles to dump.

Payne County Oklahoma has a similar set up at their fairgrounds with a box for payment and a nifty agricultural machinery museum as well.

Truk,

You mentioned that you pay the $20 at 4 PM or 4 AM. Who do you pay at 4 AM? Is there someone on duty 24 hours a day?

There is a little municipal RV park off of I-44 in Wichita Falls, TX that has 30 amp service and water with a dump station. It is $10/night, and it is on the honor system. They have a lock box with envelopes, and you fill out the envelope and put in $10 cash and drop it in the box. No attendant on duty.
    The next morning someone comes around and empties the lock box.

Is this a similar set-up?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Default Ga. mm 63b Campground

Tom, thanks for this Thread. Karen and I pass that lot twice every month on our way to N.C. and back. I always wondered about it and noticed it is usually not busy. As others have mentioned we also like a "get in and out" when traveling as opposed to campground tours. We also prefer an electrical hook up whenever possible. At $20.00 per night I would almost feel guilty for not paying enough ! If you think about it I think our Generators use .6 to .8 gallons per hour. Pull in at 6:00 and out at 6:00 is 12 hours. 12 hours at .7 is 8.4 gallons of diesel fuel @ $3.45 equals $28.98 plus hours of wear and tear on the Generator. Of course this probably wasn't the case when diesel fuel was $1.95 per gallon.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Cracker Barrel.

It doesn't get any simpler, or quieter.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 11-28-2007 at 04:29 PM.

dalej Guest

And another thing....Wal-Mart is by far the most expensive of all the Rv parks, it cost us at least $100 everytime we pull in!

Default load capacity

Dale: Is your bus like mine? Has to haul more home than what it left with originally?
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

dalej Guest

Yes, I really think at the TN rally, we should have a seminar on what woman need to know about packing and keep packing and keep packing a bus.

Tuga,

From 5:00 pm to 8:00 am there is a little night office that handles the 20 bucks and provides security. The museum was great, you get a real appreciation to just how hard life was back in the old days trying to survive as a farmer.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Dale

Does the Lucie and Desi movie "The big trailer" come to mind

Yes, campgrounds are definitely less expensive than wall-mart.

We really do like the Cracker Barrel for overnights.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 11-28-2007 at 05:41 PM.