Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I-75 Tifton, GA M/M 63B - Campground

Default I-75 Tifton, GA M/M 63B - Campground

For a great site funded by the State of Georgia, stop at the Agrirama State Park, just 1/4 mile off I-75, all paved, no trees, wide open spaces, 24 hr secure access, parking lot type sites and any length rig. The best part is 20.00 per night, full hook up with 50 amp and free admittance to the museums.

IMG_1756_1.JPG

IMG_1757_1.JPG

lewpopp Guest

Non of us can afford that 20 bucks. BUT YOU CAN, YOU'VE BEEN FREE LOADING THE PAST 3 NIGHTS.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I know, even with our 20+ year old rivet bucket and inferior systems and components, that I think we can get through an overnight without needing gen. or shore power.

I can not imagine giving someone, much less bureaucrats, anything to overnight on a sea of asphault.

Mabye I'm not thinking clearly but isin't that why we have many of these gizmos on board?

Thanks for the post Trukman, I put it in my GPS. Looks like a great place to overnight in safety with the added bonus of 50 amps, water & sewer!

All for just $20 bucks!

I wonder if there would be any demand for a string of these overnight RV parks offering similar amenities for about $20/night? If they were spaced about 350 miles apart along major interstates, perhaps RVers would support a chain of these parks - offering safe overnight parking w/50 amps, water & sewer?

Opinions?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I am all in when it comes to reliable and inexpensive RV sites. The big problem is these state run sites undercut the small RV Campgrounds and they keep going out of buisness and selling their property to land developers.
    A sterile Parking lot is not my idea of a RV Park.
    I believe goverment should stay out of this buisness and give more incentives to Private buisness to come in and fill the need. Additionally, you just would not believe how many agencies in California pick the pockets of RV parks. It's a wonder any survive.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I couldn't think of a better way for the gov. to spend the taxpayers money than providing 20 dollar camp sights with power for folks with time and money and the ability to draw that much in power alone, in an overnight visit.

Water too, How's that drought been lately?

Since we were suppliers to the industry we have seen and heard how private RV park and campground owners feel about not only the issue of government entities competing with the private sector, but how they feel with six figure rigs parking in Wal-Mart, a particularly sore spot as well.

I have always been of the opinion that there are destination RV parks and those for transients. What I as an RV owner would like to see is a safe spot to park for the night when I am traveling. Right now my options are rest areas, Wal-Mart, or campgrounds very close to the interstate that I am on. I would use the campground every single time except most are not right on the interstate and after a long day of driving I do not want to travel 2 or 3 miles down a small road in the dark. When I am done driving I want to roll to a stop and shut down.

Unfortunately, even if the campground is right at the exit I have to sign in, get the speech, be presented with site maps, plastic garbage bags, and the rest room combination. There must be a way for someone to consider my overnight stay to be parking, and just take my money.

We have seen some movement towards secure parking for RVs. Our first experience was a long time ago at a Best Western that advertised overnight parking for RVs. It was at the exit, it was well lighted, and you drove in, parked, and gave the clerk $5.00. That was the extent of it. No muss, no fuss and a safe place on private property. Apparently we were not the only ones that liked the idea because when we left the next morning there were many others, including truckers in the area.

Just like there is a big rig book, there needs to be a book listing parking. Turning the engine off and going to bed doesn't constitute camping in my opinion. So why do we need all the registration, guidance to the site, etc? I wish hotels and other private enterprises with some limited public access would provide overnight parking that would be listed in a book.

Default Govt involvement

Government should stay out of the camping business as well as all business. Their job is to keep the peace and defend the shores. Thats it. Let the government get involved they will screw it up for sure. Let private enterprise take care of filling a need in the market place. Thats my 2 cents.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Jon, I completely agree. When we're in "travel mode", all I want at the end of the days travel is a safe, easy-access, pull through spot.

The last thing I want to do is negotiate around a bunch of trees and other RV's, risk damage to the bus, and end up having to disconnect the car anyway because the turns are impossible.

Motel parking lots, at interstate interchanges, would be most welcome.

In fact, ANY good sized parking lot would be fine with me. When simply looking for a place to sleep for the night, I don't need their hook-ups, pool, miniature golf, showers, etc. I would gladly pay for a safe, simple, easy place to park.

Thanks for the info, Truk..... have a safe and uneventful trip!

Geez, how could a good thing be viewed as negative!

Joe - We have no dump facility anywhere near our home since we live in the boonies. We try to spend the last night out close to home to dump the tanks, rinse the tanks and take on some water. It's cold here, so the heat pumps working are a better option overnight than the generator and webasco.

Gary - This facility was not designed to compete with the campgrounds, it's a huge Agriculture Display, old tractors and equipment, Museum and the small camping area was put in place to attract RV'ers traveling on I-75 to and from Florida. In my opinion the State of Georgia gets a kudos for supporting the facility. It's not state run, but has some state funding. And for the record, I'm as anti government as you can get, but I doubt there are many RV'ers complaining while passing through GA dumping their tanks in the state provided dump stations in the rest areas.

Jon - Try this place, there is no guiding, no trash bags, no maps of the parking lot, etc. You pull in, hook up and go pay the 20 bucks whether it's 4:00 pm or 4:00 am and is secure all night.

My reason for this post was to inform people of a simple no hassle overnight spot even if your pulling a 24' stacker with no obstacles and being 1/4 mile off the interstate and it's in the Big Rig Book.

I support the campground owners and never stay in truckstops or Wal-Marts. With the price of fuel what it is today and travel being down, it's a wonder the campground owners survive with the freebee crowd setting up their grills in the Wal-Mart parking lots.