Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member, New Prevost Owner

Welcome Pam & Bruce. This is definately the place. I joined about 7 months prior to purchasing my Liberty. I could not quite figure out what everyone was talking about at first since most of the conversation had to do with the first, POG 1 rally. These rallys are quite simply the best. Nothing like them anywhere. The Prevost Conversions are elegant and complex at the same time. That is the attraction and the obsession.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Welcome aboard Pam & Bruce, we look forward to lots of posting. Someone needs to beat Jon's record....

Question What's a transponder?

You are a brave man Jon! I got my original ticket back in 1967 and just replaced the paper one for the new, fancy, encoded, plastic model. I was going to get a current physical, my check-ride, and rent a Cessna 182 for to a trip to Mexico, etc. Nobody in my family would go with me. I even offered to pay for a pitch-hitter course for my 20 YO son and he wouldn't take it. My 45 YO wife mutters words in Spanish like, 'Loco', 'Viejo', and 'Viejo Loco' which has to do with her being married for almost 26 years to this Gringo who is a 'little older'. End result, no more flying unless I do it on my own and buy lots of life insurance. Now, the Prevost...that's a whole 'nuther story. The whole family loves it.

The moral of this story; Joining the "Mile High Club" in a light plane does not hold a candle to the "6 mile per gallon club" in a Prevost.

Now Jon, I would fly with YOU if you are willing to fly with you!
    Thanks for the support Pal

Hello Darl, Pam and I live in Jupiter Florida, and like the outdoors, mostly kayaking, hiking, and playing with our minaiture dachshound. We love Maine, where I am from, and enjoy Canada, and plan to spend more time there in 08. 0533 is our family joke, as this is the coach number on the original build sheet that we got from the factory. As for the Nevada rally, our plan is to pick up the coach in mid Jan., shake her out for a few days near Coburg Or., go back to the factory and get whatever needs to be corrected fixed and then head south and come back across I10 back to Florida, get some work done here, and then head back out in May with short trips in between, like Tn. rally etc.

Hello Gary, I am hoping to learn more about the bowels of my coach, the underbelly, as I know almost nothing. It like owning a 747, given the keys and told to fly it around the pattern then do a complete annual without having the knowledge, but I guess this is half the fun. We look forward to the POG rallies and meeting all of you folks.

Hello Tom, My wife is stunned, as I almost never join groups, and have never been in any forums before. I doubt if I will break records, but might for asking questions at some point. Champing at the bit to get my arms wrapped around my coach to start the process of understanding her.

Quote Originally Posted by rmboies View Post
    Welcome to the group Pam and Bruce! Your coach looks beautiful in the avatar photo....I think Marathons are fast becoming the number one owned coach in POG! We are still in the minority with our Millennium but two more have joined us Looking forward to meeting you both in TN.

Debi (and yes, I know where the brake is and have actually used it)
    Hello Debbie and Bob, We hope that the Marathon coach lives up to its name, and proves to be well built, and reliable. It is a very low mileage coach, 30K, and I am concerned that we will have the honor of trouble shooting lots of little stuff soon, but we are used to boats, and at least it is on the ground for now. Hope my treads are not too confusing, as I am not very well vresed in all of this. One unusual feature that we liked is an observation deck on the roof, folds down, 12x7' with a really neat ladder, we hope to watch a few sunsets from there out west this winter.

Pam and Bruce..we look forward to your questions. If we don't know the answer we will make something up.

It will be a big help, when asking, to attach a signature line that gives some coach specific information since each converter and different shell types and model years may have differences that will affect the responses.

What you as an owner will soon learn is that you will have Prevost chassis questions, and Marathon, or house specific questions. You will also learn a guy with knowledge of Liberty conversions is not likely to know diddly about your Marathon, and you should assume he is full of manure. We tend to be a little more knowledgeable about the Prevost chassis, but that will not stop us from giving lousy advice from time to time.

Do you feel good about spending $100 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Pam and Bruce..we look forward to your questions. If we don't know the answer we will make something up.

It will be a big help, when asking, to attach a signature line that gives some coach specific information since each converter and different shell types and model years may have differences that will affect the responses.

What you as an owner will soon learn is that you will have Prevost chassis questions, and Marathon, or house specific questions. You will also learn a guy with knowledge of Liberty conversions is not likely to know diddly about your Marathon, and you should assume he is full of manure. We tend to be a little more knowledgeable about the Prevost chassis, but that will not stop us from giving lousy advice from time to time.

Do you feel good about spending $100 yet?
    I canceled my $100 credit card payment, figured I could ride this wave for at least a week before Skip would catch on, after all he is from Maine, and news travels there more slowly.

Before making the purchase, I contacted a sweet lady at Prevost in Quebec to get the scoop on service bulletins, recalls etc, then included these as part of my purchase. I was surprised to find items not done from some years ago. I guess I am used to aircarft service issues.

Did almost make my first mistake when I took my 20 mile test drive at the factory. I was not used to the fact that we are a little longer, and a little lower than my last coach. As I was winding up the coach to exit the factory gate, and just about to go down onto the pavement, the service rep says, "remember to take the curb at an angle or you will scrape the bottom". Well at this point I was half way into the road, thinking I was doing just fine, but also realizing this was not going to be his coach, I decided to slam on the brakes and cut hard left. The service rep was not exactly ready for my response, and wasn't wearing his set belt. I suggested that in the future he give me these types of hints before we start to rotate. I looked back after clearing the exit without a scratch and noticed at least 100 scrapes on the ground, think they could have dealt with this by now.

Curing a problem is harder than complaining about the problem.

Also, fixing the damage owners do their coaches is a revenue stream. If you had already paid for the coach he would not have said a word.