Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member, New Prevost Owner

Thumbs up New Member, New Prevost Owner

Just joined your group today. Like others, have been following along, mostly tripping over my feet learning more about your group. My wife and I recently purchased a 1999 Marathon 45 XLVS from Marathon in Coburg Or. This is all completely new to us, at least as Prevost owners. I have only driven a Prevost a grand total of 20 miles as part of a test drive before the final purchase. Lots to learn, but am a good student, and might be asking a few questions from time to time, like where's the parking brake, or some other important questions. We have owned a few large motorhomes, but nothing like this. I am a pilot, boater and switch between these pleasures. We will be picking up the coach from the factory in January after a few upgrades and improvements are complete. The coach was a one owner, 30K, hardly used much at all, and very customized for a very demanding Swiss banker who left it at Marathon when he was in Europe. it fits our taste just fine, and hope to see you folks at the rally in TN. in the spring, that is if we can find that darn brake.

Pam & Bruce

If you are not kidding about the brake it is down slightly behind and beneath your left elbow. Pull up on the yellow knob and it is applied (you hear the big whoosh), and push down on the yellow knob to release it.

If you were pulling our leg about the brake, I can see you will fit in perfectly amongst this bunch of nut cases. Welcome to the asylum.

What do you fly? Inquiring minds want to know.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

I was writing to welcome you to the group when one of the other members knocked me off the board.

(Whoosh?)

We have rallies and spend a great deal of time chatting amongst one another here and some of the information is more or less accurate. If you count the number of posts that some of the members have made you can tell immediately whether or not they have a life or if they are former Zeibart Rust Proofing Technicians looking for a day job.

Join in and have fun. That's the first thing to remember!

Just kidding about the brake, but not about everything else, as i really will be doing a lot of reading and getting to know this coach. I am a detail nut, but don't mind learning underway. Last plane, Turbo Arrow, don't fly much anymore, mostly boating, but love all sports. From Maine, live in Florida, and plan to see the rest, especially BC this summer.

Hello jeff, Like your Avitar. Thanks for the invite. We will be out there soon, and hope to visit with as many of you all as possible.

Default Your BC trip

Hey 0553, why not plan to be in Pahrump, NV for POG? on May 5th '08? We have a great Rally planned for the 5th to the 10th at the Seibt Desert Retreat. Jim Skiff will give us more information as we get closer to the rally date.

Also, welcome to the POG! Lots of boaters and pilots here. I used to fly both a 180 and 200 Arrow. My last plane was N8133C, a Cherokee Archer II. Favorite is a Cessna 210T but I never owned one. I think Jon has a 210P. (lucky guy). Like you, I don't fly much anymore. Same with boating. I just sold my 26' SeaRay last month. Seems like there are not a lot of people I know willing to go out fishing or flying for free. Could it be the Skippers advanced age?

How about giving the group a little more personal information about yourself? We're not nosey but I just can't think of a good nickname for 0553.

With the 'brake' story you are going to fit in great with this group Again, WELCOME and congratulations on the Prevost purchase.

Default Sorry about the incorrect spelling of your name!

See why nobody wants to fly with me? I can't even get your handle right. Sorry 0533.

dalej Guest

Darl, don't be so hard on yourself....thats what were here for!

Welcome aboard 0533, glad you took the plunge, you know...with the bus!

Quote Originally Posted by 0533 View Post
    Just joined your group today. Like others, have been following along, mostly tripping over my feet learning more about your group. My wife and I recently purchased a 1999 Marathon 45 XLVS from Marathon in Coburg Or.
    Pam & Bruce
    Welcome to the group Pam and Bruce! Your coach looks beautiful in the avatar photo....I think Marathons are fast becoming the number one owned coach in POG! We are still in the minority with our Millennium but two more have joined us Looking forward to meeting you both in TN.

Debi (and yes, I know where the brake is and have actually used it)

0533 was his last transponder code.

I'll fly with you Darl. If I'll fly with me, I'll certainly fly with you.