Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Member, New Prevost Owner

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Welcome aboard. We too have a roof deck. 8 by 21ft

Makes for a real conversation piece. Makes for a bunch of new friends with hand outs at the track. People hurting themselves getting up and down is a REAL concern, especially late in the day

I've been procrastinating about fashioning some type of dumb waiter, it is not easy climbing up that ladder with adult beverages.

Deb is very afraid of heights, I'd still like to sell or trade it if I could. No reasonable offers refused.

My Bus 001.jpg

My Bus 002.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post

Welcome aboard. We too have a roof deck. 8 by 21ft

Makes for a real conversation piece. Makes for a bunch of new friends with hand outs at the track. People hurting themselves getting up and down is a REAL concern, especially late in the day

I've been procrastinating about fashioning some type of dumb waiter, it is not easy climbing up that ladder with adult beverages.

Deb is very afraid of heights, I'd still like to sell or trade it if I could. No reasonable offers refused.

My Bus 001.jpg

My Bus 002.jpg
    Hello Joe,

Ours is smaller and does not have any outside access, wish it did though. To access ours, there is a hideaway ladder to the right of the Frig, above the pantry that pulls out. You release a lock, and the very sturdy ladder telescopes down to the floor and locks in place. It can be placed at an angle to allow easy climbing up to a Bowmar hatch in the ceiling. I was told by the factory that this was an option at Marathon until the company was sold 99? and the new owners decided the liability was too great. They offered awnings, bug screens, the whole works, but I beleive this is no longer the case.

Thumbs up

Welcome to the group, Bruce and Pam, 0533.

I would like to add that I think your marine web site is spectacular. There sure was a lot of thought and effort put into its creation!! I can see where your flying ability was very useful. How long did it take you to photograph all of those harbors? Is that an ongoing process?

www.marinas.com

JIM

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    Welcome to the group, Bruce and Pam, 0533.

I would like to add that I think your marine web site is spectacular. There sure was a lot of thought and effort put into its creation!! I can see where your flying ability was very useful. How long did it take you to photograph all of those harbors? Is that an ongoing process?

www.marinas.com

JIM
    Hello Jim,

We have been at for about two and a half years. We consult marine clients, mostly providing specialized services when none are available. Marinas.com was a result of a project that we designed for Garmin. they wanted to improve their cartography, and I wanted to conduct a worldwide Low altitude Google earth style image driven photoshoot for my websites. They paid, and I got to make my site. i own the images, take the pictures and Garmin gets the rights to use them as part of their electronic charts. A visual course for boaters to see what they are about to approach, starting from the inlets, straight through to the marina, allowing all boaters to get a pre flight of all the obstacles before they encounter them. there is a lot more to it then that, but it sure is fun, and all of the images are frame quality, 4000X3000 pixels, you can zoom in on all images using the high resolution image. We house 4 TB's of images in Dallas. We are about to undertake some new projects in the same vane. I love to do projects that have not been done and have some fun doing them, as long as I can get someone else to carry the financial load. I sure would like to do this for the RV industry. We use only helicopters, even in western Europe. We train all pilots, and photographers here in Florida, and then set them in the field. You may regret mentioning this subject to me, as i can wear out a key board on this subject. thanks, Bruce

[for the RV industry. We use only helicopters, even in western Europe. We train all pilots, and photographers here in Florida, and then set them in the field. You may regret mentioning this subject to me, as i can wear out a key board on this subject. thanks, Bruce[/QUOTE]

Bruce,

Awesome website with gorgeous photos. We used to boat on Lake Erie for many years and I noticed that you don't have any marinas listed in that area as yet. Kellys Island, Put 'N Bay, South Bass, Cedar Point, Sandusky Yacht Club, the area is endless for marinas and boats. Any plans to add them to your group? Viewing your pictures almost makes me want to own a boat again

Debi

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by rmboies View Post
    [for the RV industry. We use only helicopters, even in western Europe. We train all pilots, and photographers here in Florida, and then set them in the field. You may regret mentioning this subject to me, as i can wear out a key board on this subject. thanks, Bruce
    Bruce,

Awesome website with gorgeous photos. We used to boat on Lake Erie for many years and I noticed that you don't have any marinas listed in that area as yet. Kellys Island, Put 'N Bay, South Bass, Cedar Point, Sandusky Yacht Club, the area is endless for marinas and boats. Any plans to add them to your group? Viewing your pictures almost makes me want to own a boat again

Debi[/QUOTE]

Hi Deb, your key word is;ALMOST, Ha Ha. I now firmly believe the best boating is on someone else's boat!

Back to the marina maps, all the places you mentioned are in fact present on the site. You need to magnify the base map more to see them.

Bruce, if you talk about the maps too much Lew will let you know.
    I do hope you get a chance to develop a site with the RV parks.
    There are a couple of marinas in the Marco Is. and Everglades area that are not featured.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    Bruce,

Debi
    Hi Deb, your key word is;ALMOST, Ha Ha. I now firmly believe the best boating is on someone else's boat!

Back to the marina maps, all the places you mentioned are in fact present on the site. You need to magnify the base map more to see them.

Bruce, if you talk about the maps too much Lew will let you know.
    I do hope you get a chance to develop a site with the RV parks.
    There are a couple of marinas in the Marco Is. and Everglades area that are not featured.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the kind words about the site. Here are a few Marinas.com links that might help you find some of the locations you mentioned. Once you go to each link, just click on each marina icon to see if your marina is there.
    http://marinas.com/?tab=t2
    http://marinas.com/?tab=t2
    http://marinas.com/view/marina/782 This one is Sandusky Yacht Club

There are many ways to view, by map, By Slideshow, and Via the search tool, or by state, region etc. We also offer 9 other categories plus info on ach.

I am looking for some help with the sites. We recently launched a new domain called boatersforum.com. I need a forum moderator, as we do not have one, and this site needs help. Do you know of anyone who might be interested in doing this?

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce and Jim,

I see them all now! I had to zoom in even tighter, over halfway, and then they came up in grey for me instead of red. Awww, the memories....Bob and I had our honeymoon on a cabin cruiser in Lake Erie--it was a '65 or '67 (been so long I can't remember) Chris Craft lapstrake sided cruiser. Beautiful boat and an antique now--ack! Some people go to the Bahamas or Hawaii but we went three hours from home and took our dog--LOL That was 28 years ago

Debi

Quote Originally Posted by rmboies View Post
    Bruce and Jim,

I Awww, the memories....Bob and I had our honeymoon on a cabin cruiser in Lake Erie--it was a '65 or '67

Some people go to the Bahamas or Hawaii but we went three hours from home and took our dog--LOL That was 28 years ago

Debi
    I'll bet that dog had some great stories.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    I'll bet that dog had some great stories.

Mike
    ha, well I hope so Mike!

Debi