Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: motor home racing

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default 0 to 60 or 60 to 0

Carole and I went on a short ride for some Eastern NC style bar-b-que yesterday. Only about two hours away in Wilson. If you are passing Wilson on I-95 anytime there are two choices for great food. One is Bill's the other is Parkers. Bill's is at the intersection of Forest Hills Road and Downing Drive while Parkers is on US 301/I-95 Business. I'm sure they can be found on Google Maps or some gps systems.

Anyway, on the way back home on US 1 (four lane divided) some "lady" in a red Ford Ranger Pick'em up truck (no plywood) stops dead in front of me in the inside lane. She was confused, I laid on the big horns (no I don't have the train horns yet), and she gave me a salute to boot. In fact she followed me all the way back to my house, using different streets. Fortunately for both of us she choose not to stop and discuss my use of the big horns. I did notice there was a Handicapped placard hanging from the rear view mirror. If I could have gotten her tag number I would have made my NCSHP friends aware of her driving talents.

So I am really more interested in knowing the 60mph to 0mph times instead of the 0mph to 60mph times. That may be more practical to know.

Jim_Scoggins Guest

Default bird verses bird

Dick Warren and I raced our Bluebirds on I-75N in Michigan on the way up to Soo Locks
    Me, the good guy, white hat: 1986 PT40 with a Detroit 8V92 TA pulling a jeep wrangler. 44,800 lbs
    Dick, evil one, black bart: 1999 Bluebird LXI. Series 60 Deroit, no toad. Weight about the same.
    Passengers, me: Dragon Lady and Guard Dog Pootie
    Passenger, Dick: The beautiful Patty

We were alongside about 40 MPH. Floored them on a short count downshift.
    He initially got ahead then I pulled up even. We were overtaking some traffic so I fell in trail. We were both floored. I was drafting a bit and got a head of steam and was able to pull up alongside cab to cab. Could not get on around him as we were overtaking some traffic again. I still think I could take him on a ten mile straight away.

Speeds about 85-90. I can't remember if alcohol was involved but I don't think so.

Stupid is as stupid does. A hoot nontheless.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I wonder if he would be willing to sell that camper, I like it.

I would plate it and drive it around on the road. You think that would scare a few?