Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parliament Service

Default Parliament Service

This was my first experience with service at Parliament and I have to give them an atta boy! They did exactly what they said they would do, got me in on time, provided a campsite for the weekend with full hookups and made the repairs at a reasonable price.

Even though I have a CC, they had all parts in stock to handle the road A/C and Prevost dash air, they knew what the problem was and promptly had me fixed up and heading down the road.

Anyone needing service work should give them a try and we're fortunate to have them as a POG Sponsor. They even talked about how they were going to improve their maintenance presentations at future Rallys.

No JPJ didn't put me up to this, just wanted to pass the word about their outstanding service...

lewpopp Guest

Let's see.....Did you join the Parliament Travel Club? There is an open house in January. Will you be there now that you are tooting the horn for them?

truk,

I will second your comments. They treated us like we had bought a new bus from them.

They know our Vogue inside and out because some of their people were at Pryor, OK at the Mitchell Vogue plant when it was built. Their service is quick, done right, and for a respectable price.

We tried to buy an XLII from them but they just didn't have the right one for us.

Richard
    2002 Marathon XLII 45
    1996 Vogue XL 40 for sale

win42 Guest

I can't let this go by without weighing in on Rick May and the Parliment Service. Rick did a fantastic job on my Liberty in Branson. I would trust them with any job on my bus. Too bad for me they are right coasters. They will be joining us at future POG rallies I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    Let's see.....Did you join the Parliament Travel Club? There is an open house in January. Will you be there now that you are tooting the horn for them?
    Lew, we didn't join the Parliament Travel Club but we have attended their rallys. They welcome anyone who wants to come. Jeff, Helen, Bob and I went to their rally in Asheville last year and had a lot of fun. We were invited to their January celebration but were unable to make it. Please everyone go and when you do, check out the nice coaches they have for sale

[QUOTE=rbeecher;20725]truk,
    They know our Vogue inside and out because some of their people were at Pryor, OK at the Mitchell Vogue plant when it was built. Their service is quick, done right, and for a respectable price.
    We tried to buy an XLII from them but they just didn't have the right one for us. Richard

Richard, yes it's nice to know that the Mitchells brought some of their employees from their Vogue operation with them when they sold out the biz. Vogues are very nice coaches and it is a nice feeling knowing the original builders are still around to go to for service.

As for Vogue service, there is also the Tulsa RV location for the West side folks. Jerry (Nadine ?), who owns Tulsa RV and Carl West were employed by the Mitchells when they owned Vogue.

Debi, you are right, the Mitchell Vogues are impressive and I am not saying that because I have one for sale, they are very well built.

We looked at 45' XLs when we were shopping and ended up buying The XLII Marathon. In fact we would have bought an XL 45' had we not stumbled on the XLII deal. Another Vogue would have been at the TOP of the list and a certain part of that decision would have been because of the Parliament folks.

Richard Beecher
    2002 Marathon XLII 45
    1996 Vogue XL 40 for sale

Hey Richard,

What's your coach number??? Inquiring minds, and all that.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Jim,

The Marathon Coach is # 0757. Marathon has it back again to take care of a few more items and that is my excuse as to why I or someone I know haven't posted pictures, yet.

Richard

Long story, but as long as Tom and Rich are talking about service I will share a story....

We did not know diddly when we saw our first bus and decided we wanted it. There was no internet and the number of new bus conversions probably wasn't a tenth of what is out there now. So I call Harvery Mitchell in Tampa who had sold the coach originally and asked about it. I also asked why I should not consider flying to see the 20 or more coaches he had on his sales lot in Tampa. He said that he knew the coach we were interested in, that the price was fair to us and the seller, that when we bought it he wanted us to come to Tampa and he would teach us about the coach.

We bought it with a pre-purchase inspection by Don Hoffman, another fine gentleman.

We asked Harvey if the offer to teach us still was available. He said it was. We went down and we parked hooked up on one of his sites for 3 or 4 days. He had various people from his staff work with us every day to help us understand the new (to us) coach. He wouldn't take a cent for all his efforts and his people even arranged to have Prevost in Jacksonville take care of some things under warranty.

I can echo what Tom and Rich are saying and I can say with confidence that any dealings with the Mitchells are going to be very pleasant.