Thread: POG Travel Plans

Smile POG Travel Plans

I don't know how many folks have an intermediate stop planned in their trek to the rally, but we are thinking about stopping somewhere near the I-10 / I-75 interchange in Northern Florida on Monday evening. That should put us +/-5 hours into Polk City on Tuesday which, if we don't keep Lew hours, will put us in there around the 1pm check in time.

Anyone know of a good stopping place along here? I have never driven to Florida much less past Baton Rouge on I-10, so how about some suggestions?

We are going through the same mental exercise. If we head south through Atlanta on 75 we will probably stop at the FL welcome center on 75.

If we decide to go through the Smokies (much prettier scenery) we will stay at the FL welcome center on 95.

Where you are considering works also because the rest areas along 75 are patrolled.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

There are a couple of 'campgrounds' around Tallahassee (a tad on the small side) so not highly recommended.

On I-10 there are I believe 2 rest stops, patrolled. One of which, if my failing memory provides, also is the State Police district office.

Plan to get through Pensacola on I-10 at an off hour. They seem to have problems with the I-10 bridge falling into the water during storms and have been working on it for some time, hence its slow there.

From the gross lack of replies on this thread, I can assume that for all but three of us, this is a trip somewhat akin to going for a loaf of bread?

Or will there only be four or five there? Have Jon and Mike intimidated all the posters? Crap, I don't think Jon has all his teeth, so chime in here. They won't bite.

Well Lew bites, but that is a whole other issue

Not to let a good thread go to waste, I have searched every imaginable internet spot trying to learn something about the place where the rally is being held.

I have found nothing. Nada. Zilch.

I think this is a partial photo of the place. Can anyone verify if it is?

Check it out JW, I think I see Lew's Marathon, w/ the new 12v toad hookup.

It's going to be a great rally.

Mango

I found this information regarding the camp ground, didn't have much. There's also a PDF file link at the top here which is their add in Woodalls.

http://www.woodalls.com/search/camp/...rtiserTypeID=1

I'm pretty sure that's the place. I can tell.

Look closely at the "lagoon". What looks like fountains is actually explosives that are being dropped. The intended targets were the coaches.

Only the most determined stay more than a day. 4 days is unheard of.

What's up with all this rest area stuff? The campgrounds would love to have ya. Stay at the first exit inside FL on I-75 at Jennings. Nice pull throughs and you won't have to worry about trucks or blue haired trailer people taking your mirrors off. Hmm, why are these guys staying in the pickle park? Opps, sorry, nasty ole trucker...

I, on the other hand, will be in Valdosta on Saturday night, then camp Marathon on Sunday and Monday, arriving POG early enough in case there is any free stuff given away.

Whats the latest head count for number of buses?

Actually, when I saw all those busses out there, I thought Lew was holding a coach-drafting seminar and he was showing those road hogs how to get the last .005 mpg out of their rigs.