Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Inverter Problem.....I think ??

This is right off the Xantrex Technology site.

http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/52/p/1/pt/9/product.asp

Since it is a current product I doubt there will be any trouble getting support or parts. On this site you can download all the operating and installation manuals as PDF files.

Thank You, Sir.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I called Xantrex just to make sure that the info I suggested is still accurate and it is.

The address and phone that Blacklab listed is also accurate.

If you do not get an answer keep trying he is great to work with and you will be glad you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    I called Xantrex just to make sure that the info I suggested is still accurate and it is.

The address and phone that Blacklab listed is also accurate.

If you do not get an answer keep trying he is great to work with and you will be glad you did.
    Thanks Joe.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Default Trust, but Verify

- No BS here- we have a bunch of Reaganites on this forum. Trust But Verify! I love it.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Default 50 Amp Power Pal

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Gary,

I tried the site you gave and they are back ordered and don't even luist a price. I checked around and here is an alternative for those that are interested. This also offers surge protection.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...r-analyzer.htm

Sorry about them being on Back Order Jon. That either means they are very good products, and they can't make enough for demand or WELL YOU KNOW THE OTHER. We got ours at the Pamona,CA RV Show in January, and it cost $120. I called the owner of the 50amp Power Pal, and he apoligized for being out. He is getting back into production, but probably won't have any till after the first of the year.

But Your product looks to maybe be a better product, cause if I read it right, it checks the voltage at the pole before you plug in, and then acts like a Surge Protector for the bus, when you are plugged in to it. VERY NICE.

We have a PPL 5 miles down the highway from us, if you need me to pick up one and ship it to you, just let me know.

Gary S

Gary,

Thanks. Still looking at alternatives. Some coaches already have built in protections and at this point I am clueless as to what I have. I do have annunciator lights on my panel to tell of some electrical faults, but I do not know if I have surge protection.

Even when I figure out what I have, it doesn't mean other coaches have the same thing. I do know some coaches, notably Parliament will not allow power to get to the coach if that power is not right. Saw that in person with JPJ on the way to Branson and it is a remarkable feature.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

This is in response to Jon's point about the Parliament 2002, XLII. It's this coach: http://www.parliamentcoach.com/PREOW...PHOTOSPECS.htm

Hadn't seen it on any previous coaches. It monitors voltage/amperage and keeps you from screwing up something in the coach if you have bad power.

The benefit here is that if your alternator isn't working right and the inverters are both drawing heaving Bulk to recharge the batteries, it won't let current in until you override it. So you can figure out the problem yourself.

I don't remember what the gizmo is, but a guy could call Parliament talk to them about it if a guy wanted to.

I will try to get in on this before the subject is changed as usally happens because of my laziness.
    My coach has a polarity checker and a surge protector.
    The poarity checker has two set of lights showing either correct polarity or reverse polarity. It is located in the same bay as the main breaker. The operation is when plugging in to shore power to turn off the main coach breaker, plug in the shore power line and check the lights for the correct polarity. If good polarity is found turn the main breaker on.

The surge protector is located at the power transfer box. It appears it is a house item as it is a Levitor Transient Volatage Surge Potector. The surge protector has a green light for each leg indicating correct voltage. There is a red warning light and a audible noise maker to indicate any surge. The manual states a big surge may make the protector self sacrificing. This means to me if I encounter a major surge the surge protector will have to be replaced. The model number is 32120-001 if anyone would want to or need to add surge protection. It is a hard wire installation.

While on the subjet of electricity, I found I was having a very short run time with the house batteries while dry camping for a week in Canada. I began to look for the cause and found it was what we had plugged into 120 volts and not using. We had two lap top chargers and a cell phone charger plugged in but not in use. Then it dawned on me to unplug the chargers and to my amazement the battery run time increased about 4 hours. These chargers draw current even while setting idle.

Thanks to all of you for the great things I have learned about bus owership here.

Larry W
    2000 Royale XL 45'