I did a ring a round the rose discussion a few months back about installing a small aux gen for just running one roof A/C while boon docking which is what we prefer to do. It got vetoed 6 ways from Sunday by the brain trust and I gave up on the idea (temp). I couldn't get it out of my head, so I figured out how to do it and it works awesome. I bought a 2,600 watt Yamaha box frame gen that fit's in the small passenger side bay on a 45' just behind the rear wheel perfect. My buses electrical panel is in the back, in the bedroom. I drilled a hole and ran heavy wire into the panel and put a breaker dedicated to putting power to the panel. I rigged it up with a short piece of coat hanger wire so that when I turn the aux gen power on, the main breaker MUST get reminded to shut off simultaneouly in order to prevent back feeding eithe of the gens. Half of my breakers get power since it's one 110 leg and not 220 but I could move the breakers around to be able to power other things like the space heaters or whatever. I my case, I didn't have to move anything because the stuff I wanted to run was all in the right spot. One of the chargers also works to keep the batteries topped off. The generator is not the super silent type but close to it. They sell new for about $800. I got a used one for $300. Can't report yet if it will run all night on one tank but already have an aux tank plan figured out (which of course will NOT stay in there when I'm running down the road).

Vapors, heat, exhaust ? I just leave that small bay open with the gens exhaust pointed outward and lock it to the frame of the bus with a heavy duty motorcycle lock. I've very happy with the system but this is because I'm a boon docker.

On another subject. We got a boat and the marine GPS's are ungodly expensive. 3 times a car GPS. I have the Microsoft Streets and Trips for the lap top I use and love because it gives me a huge screen. To get that size screen in a Marine GPS is $2-$3,000. I haven't been able to find the Marine version of the Streets and Trips. Does anyone know or recommend a GPS conversion for Mairne GPS they know of ?