Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pit Stop

Smile Pit Stop

I just got back from Prevost in So. California (Mira Loma) to have my air system inspected as well as 2 seals replaced (Alternator, A/C Compressor).
    I had 6 new Michelin tires changed on the back end (drive & tag). The dates on the Michelins coming off were all 2/2002 (65,000 miles). The 365's on the front are 44/03 and show no wear as of yet so I'm giving them another year.
    There were a couple of familiar Prevosts at the facility. Ray Davis' Campbell soup Country Coach and another Coach I remeber from Santa Fe (Parliment) which Steve from California Coach sold.
    A few Prevosts in there with Fires, and accidents as well.
    I watched two mechanics pulling some stainless steel skin off of a 2006 Marathon slide, a glueing problem. I took some photos, they used a scissor lift, electric chipping hammer, chain, and vice grips, to peal the SS Skin off.

It does not come off easy! They thought I was nuts taking photos,(thought I was a Cal Osha inspector at first)
    I gave a POG card to a person I met driving a Marathon H. He lives by me east of Santa Clarita . He's a Fly guy as well.

I also spoke to a Rock Band driver at length about Buses, Touring, the Buisness of leasing, Groupies, etc.
    All in All a very worth while day.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Back Yard

Geez Gary, you were in my back yard almost! Give me a call if you are down, if I am free, I will buy you lunch... And charge it to Harry

Tell us more about the stainless steel skin glueing problem of a 2006 Marathon slide.

Gary PLEASE!!! Ferrari red, not Cambell Soup!

Default Red

MMM MMM Good,,,,,MMM MMM Good...

ajhaig Guest

Gary,

What exactly is an "air system inspection?" I ask because my aux. air pump is not working properly and I think I'm going to swing by Prevost and have them look at it.

AJ

AJ....your aux pump is a converter item, and with the exception of the leveling and suspension system all other aux air is converter stuff.

Default Air System

Quote Originally Posted by ajhaig View Post
    Gary,

What exactly is an "air system inspection?" I ask because my aux. air pump is not working properly and I think I'm going to swing by Prevost and have them look at it.

AJ
    It is a 12,000 mile maintenance item where they replace the air dryer, drain & inspect the air tanks and lines, check for proper function, etc.
    The one thing I wanted to verify was my air system did not hve any H2O contamination.

Default Stainless Steel Skins

Quote Originally Posted by Alek&Lucia View Post
    Tell us more about the stainless steel skin glueing problem of a 2006 Marathon slide.
    Well, from the difficulty they had removing the panels, I don't know exactly what the initial problemwas other than someting to do with the panel coming away from the frame. It does not come off easy. They applied a lot of tension pulling the top edge of the panel downward as they used a small electric chiseling tool to peal the panel away from the frame.

ajhaig Guest

Thx. Gary.

Jon - I called Marathon and described the problem and they advised me to have Prevost look at it... I think you are right, I'm not sure that Prevost will be able to help.

Does anyone know where I can have something like this (aux. air compressor) looked at in Southern California?

AJ