Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oskosh ?

lewpopp Guest

Default Oskosh ?

Does anyone know the dates of the next summer games there?

Lew,

I don't know the exact dates, but it is usually in the 3rd week of July.

Are you taking flying lessons?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

dalej Guest

http://www.airventure.org/2007/about/index.html

July28th-Aug.3rd is what its looking like.

I am going to head up to Oshkosh this year....any good suggestions on where I can park/camp for a few days from those of you who have done it before?

Here's the second best place to stay at Osh. Dry camping only, but water is available. Nice grassy area that backs up to the EAA museum. Park by the brown spot on the grass where Tuga dumped his grey tank.

Mapquest with the satellite view his address to get an idea of the layout.

Marland Felker and pat
    920 231-7264
    1864 W. Waukau Ave.
    oshkosh, wi 54902
    patf2@netzero.net

The best place, where a number of us stayed a few years ago, is no longer available for motorhome camping. Which is a shame as it was adjacent to the area where all the Fork Tailed Dr. killers park and the primo showers.

Mike

Default aerial view

oshpark_5091.jpg

shuttle to main attractions stop right at the EAA museum. You can see their parking lot on the right.

mm

meandmyprs,

Marland "the Osh dude" has a great place to park as you can see from the ariel photo that MM posted. However, Don "the Osh dude" has the premier parking spot which is located directly across the street from the main runway. Of course, since someone drove their 50,000# Prevost thru his front yard leaving ruts 6" deep we can't park there anymore. And all I did was to water Marland's grass a little

The Oshkosh EEA Fly-in is a lot of fun. Last year MM, JDUB, Truk4U, and I enjoyed the Beach Boys and all of the festivities. One of the highlights of the trip was watching the 101 Bonanzas land and park on the grass. I would be there again this year but we have another trip planned for the summer.

Enjoy!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga,

I'm sure that inconsiderate rut digging bus driver was probably a Prevost Proud member. cheesh.

Mike

I only know one guy on this site that displays his PP badge.

As always, thanks everyone for your input. As a pilot and airplane junkie (bus junkie I guess now) for years I have always tried to make it up to Oshkosh and for whatever reason it has always fallen through (work, kids, etc). With the new bus I am on a "do or die" mission to see some things in it and Oshkosh is at the top of a long list for me. Should have done it the old school way of flying in and sleeping under the wing but the bed is much more comfortable in the bus....among other things.