Thread: Awright, fess up!

Hybrid View

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default Awright, fess up!

I don't know who has one, but I wish I did. I would just run over the folks that pull out in front of me and then drive at 61.5 MPH.

I would run over the folks that haven't learned how to merge.

I would back up and run over the folks that tailgate.

I would run over the folks that pass me and pull in too close.

I would drive it to my anger management class.

lewpopp Guest

Come on Jon, if you had a tank you would drop your speed 1 MPH? Why slow down all of a sudden. If I had one of those tanks how would I use my cruise control? Jeeeese !!!

I will continue to drive 62.5, but will take out the folks that want to impede my progress.

Di want's the cannon for the front of our bus. My concern is the flying shrapnel may scratch the paint.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default Myths De-Bunked

Awright.

This 'claim' by Mr. Wehrenberg of travel at 62.5 mph is, well, a self-perpetuated myth. He may have some gizmo that can show an average of that speed.

Recently to and from POG IV, I joined up with said POG member and propelled myself in a 2002 Parliament coach, an XL-II, which I am going to assume had a more or less correct speedometer. The trip, from Nashville to Branson and back, was about 1200 miles. (Jon will give you the exact mileage, stopping points, MPG, menus along the way, voltages on house and chassis batteries at every 15 minute interval, temperatures, pressures and GPS way points if you are really that interested).

I can verify that there were more than several occasions that this test of the 62.5 mph claim are false. Since I had to accelerate to over 80+ mph to catch up to said party, well, that pretty much says it all.

Furthermore, it is my contention, through SAT imagery, that Mr. Wehrenberg's foilage around his house discloses the following:

1. Wood piles that are not stacked exactly straight.

2. Foilage which covers a great deal of previously undisclosed ARN in and around the compound.

3. The great likelihood that, when not on this board (hardly ever), some of this ARN is actually used; not at face value to prove that it is worthy of ownership, but as tests to determine the MTBF of various forms of equipment only. The idea here is to break stuff so that it can be taken apart and 'fiddled with.'

4. I have information which suggests that W. W. Grainger is more of a temptation for this member than even the POG site.

So, 62.5 mph? Hah!

JPJ has not learned the concept of keeping up.

When the lead coach sets a pace as controlled by the speed control device (also known as the auto pilot, also known as cruise control) and said device displays 62 MPH on the Detroit Diesel Pro Driver Display, displays 61 on the speedometer, and 63 on the GPS it is safe to assume the actual speed across the ground is within that range.

However, JPJ opts to ride the tail of this caravan, but fails to keep pace. He sees two coaches ahead running nose to tail, changing lanes to pass, signalling their every movement. He instead chooses to remain in grandma's lane playing with buttons on the new to him Parliament, trying to figure out how to send text messages while programming the GPS, while chatting with the truckers on the CB radio. Then at some point he realizes he is losing sight of the slow moving leaders and in an attempt to close the gap created while he was designing shaker furniture on autocad on his laptop he speeds in excess of the posted speed limit. And blames me. All the time my speeds are locked in by the electronic devices which regulate such things.