Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Level-Low

dalej Guest

Default Level-Low

Are there any people that have a level-low on the dash that you have to push/pull to adjust the air to the bags for leveling? This is what I have and it's going to be changed out shortly. If I'm the only one, I won't document every detail.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

We do and I know there are others.

Orren Zook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dalej View Post
    Are there any people that have a level-low on the dash that you have to push/pull to adjust the air to the bags for leveling? This is what I have and it's going to be changed out shortly. If I'm the only one, I won't document every detail.
    What do you mean by changed out? Are you replacing the valves? or going to some other system? The BW valves used in early level low can be rebuilt with two o-rings and some silicon grease for a total cost of thirty cents (plus your time for labor - I think that is $100 per hour at current rates).

dalej Guest

I'm changing out the push/pulls, relocating the controls, re-running the air lines to the steer bay. I want to be able to control the leveling from the drivers seat like the newer coaches do.

bill&jody Guest

dale - whats these push/pull thing look like? i have a 3-position rocker switch and a 4-way rotary switch that switches between normal road use and right, left, front. there is also a 3-position switch for manual, automatic and "normal". that sits over the entrance door.

curious about the push/pull switches tho....

wmm

dalej Guest

These are push/pull air valves located on dash of my bus that allows the raising and lowerng of the bus.

Dale,

Depending on how your valves are set up the Prevost supplied solenoid valves supply or exhaust air to-from the pneumatic operators on the Norgren valves. That is located in our steer compartments and I am assuming your valves for leveling are operated by hand rather than electrically via a single switch or multiple spwitches.

You are adding another layer of complexity to what sounds like a good system. What are you attempting to accomplish that you cannot do now?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Jon we have exactly what Dale has I think and the ONLY thing norgren on our bus is the ride height valves.

We have NONE of that stuff in the steering bay that you describe, thank goodness.

Orren how about you?

If Dale wants to move some stuff leave him alone

Bill I will post some pics. later on.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 11-04-2007 at 03:30 PM.

The ride height valves are likely Haldex. Norgren spool valves are not set up to react to chages in ride height.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Correct again and that would make ZERO norgren components on ours!

Bill here is what our leveling system looks like and it is located on the dash right at the door.

My Bus 396.jpg