Thread: Inverter By-Pass

Threaded View

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Jon IMO this thread is a perfect example of the beauty of POG.

Let me rephrase my question from my previous post.

Why would they design that system so all circuits that are powered by the inverters could not be powered by gen. or shore when available, without needing the inverters?

If our switch fails in a manner that takes those circuits offline I simply remove the inverter from the loop. Its behind the wall behind the freezer, 10 min. max.

If you remember ours was not working when we bought the bus. All circuits continued to function and we left it in cause the battery charger end of it was still good.

Once I did remove it for repair I could plug the recepticals leading to and from it into each other to complete those circuits. On a side note that switch was one of the things that failed. A contact was burnt keeping the inverter function down but could have just as easily burnt the other side restricting shore/gen.

Seems like what your trying to achieve is exactly the set up we have and it was designed 10 years prior to yours.

Unnecessarily overcomplicated, a relatively common occurrence on many features on these campers

Jon If I were in the market for another bus and it's style was EXACTLY what we wanted but had inverters set up like yours, I'd pass, I would not be willing to risk that inconvenience unnecessarily.

It will be reassuring and informative to hear from new coach owners, and who their converters are, who do not have to deal with this.

Jon here is Daves# at Gusdorf electronics 505-983-4095. He knows inverters as well as you know norgrin valves. I'm sure he is aware of your set-up and can be of some assistance.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 11-03-2007 at 08:10 AM.