Thread: Around NYC

Hybrid View

Default Around NYC

Having driven the bus across the George Washington Bridge and up I-95 to Boston once (and that was enough), I am looking for input to an alternative route to New England from Houston. I have the route down to the PA /NJ area, but am looking for help from there. I have been looking at I-81 to Scranton then I-84 to I-90 toward Boston. Has anyone driven this route in the bus? Is there a better way to avoid NYC?

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Loc,
    Just did that route in the reverse mid August and it was great!
    Kevin

Please share the details of a route. Don't PM them! Others of us will learn from this too.

ray

That is a good route you picked. We have driven all the routes in that area including the GW bridge and that's likely the best choice.

wrongagain Guest

I-90 "the pike" is a good route, nice wide road, rolling hills, etc.
    but to truly enjoy the boston experience you have to drive 128 aka I-95 at rush hour.
    there is nothing like the thrill of trying to exit the road as you are being past in the beakdown lane.

lewpopp Guest

continue on 81 north to 90 up near Albany. Then to the Mass Pike to Boston. Stop off at Cooperstown on the way. Have done that direction a hundred times. Perhaps an alternative to Jon's suggestion.