Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fast Idle?

Here you go.

On page 5.1, lower or far right side of the drawing shows the fast idle circuit.

I can see that Relay 7 is energized when the Fast idle switch is on which completes the circuit from the transmission neutral switch and the parking brake switch.

Once Relay 7 is energized RS1 and RS2 simulate changing the Trottle position sensor such that it will run at 1,000 rpm.

If Relay 7 is not energizing when the parking brake is on, the transmission is in nuetral, and the fast idle switch is on:

With the parking brake on and the Fast Idle switch on, you should 24V on Pin 86 or R7. If you don't find it there, check at pin 2B on the Fast Idle switch. If not there, check Fuse 7 and the parking brake pressure switch.

With the transmission in Neutral, pin 85 on relay 7 should have a ground. If not check the VIMN relay for the transmission.

If Relay 7 is energizing, check RS1 and RS2 and their connection to the trottle position switch.

d060912p05_1r00.pdf
    d060912p08_1r00.pdf
    d060912p06_1r00.pdf

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Based on your brake light not working, check fuse 7 and the parking brake switch.

Gil and Durlene

Gil, thank you for your time on this. I am going to take it to someone. Donnie helped me troubleshoot quite a bit more and now on the dash I am not getting the “P” that the parking brake is on even though I am in neutral and the brake is pulled up. The red indicator light on the leveling system is illuminating “not in Park” when I try to level. Thank you I really do appreciate your time. I told Donnie I wish I knew 1/10th of what you guys did.

George,

If you can use a multimeter, you can probably identify the problem. Too bad I didn't live closer or I'd help you out.

Gil and Durlene

We recently had the fast idle stop working for no apparent reason and I finally got back to investigating it after completing the bedroom re do. As Gil mentioned relay 7 (in our case on the old XL, r 77) is where to start looking. According to the electrical drwgs relay 77 is in the fast idle circuit but it was not found in the front or aft junction box leaving me scratching. Eventually I located it under the dash right side in our case, seems like there ar many configurations. Swapped it out and fast idle works perfectly. Another step up the learning/confidence curve accomplished. Thanks again to those responding and helping out others.