Thread: TMS This Weekend

Default TMS This Weekend

We're heading over to Texas Motor Speedway on Thursday for the races this weekend. If any POG members are in the VIP campground, stop by site 196 and say hello. Ted & Jan DeLorme

Ted,

How about I just waggle the wings as I go over Friday evening? I keep getting invited to go up there but have never been. Is it pretty nice?

Watch out for TFRs over TMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post
    Ted,

How about I just waggle the wings as I go over Friday evening? I keep getting invited to go up there but have never been. Is it pretty nice?
    Waggle your butt off, Jerry. We'll be watching for you. Nice? Yea, as nice as ten acers of asphalt can be. The VIP campground is a Certified "Sheep Free Zone" so it might not work for all POG members.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Watch out for TFRs over TMS.
    Jon, as soon as I get a handle on what TFRs are, I'll start watching for um. Till then I'm toast. If it has anything to do with sheep, talk to Jerry

That was advice for the Vee tail flyer. Nowadays because of fear of terrorist attacks Homeland Security imposes Temporary Flight Restrictions over large public gatherings. Jerry probably knows this but it is easy to forget.

GDeen Guest

Haven't been there with a coach, but have been to several races there.

Quite a hoot in in my opinion to watch 40 gaudy colored sedans haulin azz around a track with 150,000 people watching from the grandstands...

I don't think the TFR blows up until the weekend, so Friday should be a benign day. However, my 496 shows all the active TFR's overlayed on the map, so that gives me a fighting chance of not flying into one. That and the fact that every time you talk to Flight Service about a route north of Houston they point out the TFR at Crawford, TX, even when your route takes you 100 miles from it. They don't want to get whacked for not putting it in the brief I guess.

I think they allow sheep at Talladega, so that will be the Krakman race of choice.

Jerry,

Having been to the race at Talledaga, sheep are not even allowed in some quarters. They have to much common sense even to get involved in the infield activities at that barnyard.
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

lewpopp Guest

Thought at first I would go to TMS and park with the PP's but they found out I am friends of the POG.

JDUB wants to flush over TMS. I would stay inside.