I know this might seem like a crazy problem to most of you guys that never have more than 4 people in your coach, and of course, without their shoes on. We had our coach out this weekend for its big college football début as Penn State got is butt kicked by Ohio State in prime time, oh well it was a good party anyway. Anyway our Featherlite has a 170 gallon fresh, 81 gallon black, and 81 gallon gray and we filled up the black to 80% before the game and were in severe ration mode after the game. We did get to 100% on the gauge but had no problems luckily. I have two problems/questions.

First I think our toilet is flushing to long. It is a Headhunter Neoclassic and I have the installation and instruction manual and it says nothing about how to adjust the cycle. I have not called Featherlite but that is the next step. Does anyone else have a Headhunter toilet that can give me some insight?

Second we would like to install a 2” connection with a valve near the top of the gray and black water tanks that could be used as a crossover for extra capacity when needed. Now let the bullets start flying. Why do RVs have separate gray and black water tanks in the first place? What good reasons are there not to do this?