Thread: Angel Bus

Default Angel Bus

Any of you guys heard of or associated with Angel Bus ?

Its like Angel Flight, where private pilots and corporations donate their airplanes to transport critically sick kids for medical treatment when the families don't have the resources to pay for commercial medical / air transport.

Sure looks like a great way to lend a helping hand with our coaches. I am going to look into this a bit more! Looks like they are getting it up and running.

http://www.angelbus.org/

Warren,

They have had their website for a number of years. It hasn't really changed since they got Pat Sumerall to join which is at least two to three years ago. It is a great idea that looks like it just needs some more help.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Quote Originally Posted by jello_jeep View Post
    Any of you guys heard of or associated with Angel Bus ?

Its like Angel Flight, where private pilots and corporations donate their airplanes to transport critically sick kids for medical treatment when the families don't have the resources to pay for commercial medical / air transport.

Sure looks like a great way to lend a helping hand with our coaches. I am going to look into this a bit more! Looks like they are getting it up and running.

http://www.angelbus.org/
    Warren,

We work with Angel Flight and I know one of the people there quite well, they use some of our products. I'm going to check in with my contact and report back.

Richard Beecher
    2002 Marathon XLII
    1996 Vogue for sale

Default Okey dokey

Good deal guys, just can't help to think this would be a good bit of fun, and a great opportunity to help some folks out! (we don't have to publicly admit we are being nice guys or anything)

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Default Camp Wonderful

I used to haul a van trlr. back and forth, full of gear, for a summer camp for kids with terminal illness. During the course of the week they would start first day and celebrate new year, next day would be mock memorial day, next the fourth and every day after another mock holiday. Full blown Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas one day right after the next.

They did this because many of the kids there were not expected to make it to the following year.

Kinda puts things in perspective real quick.

That was one charity that I always came away from saddened instead of gradified.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 10-29-2007 at 07:41 PM.