Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice Older Liberty

Default Nice Older Liberty

This appears to be a real nice vintage coach. Most of these older coaches do not have a private potty room. I wonder if a private head could be installed if the washer/dryer combo was removed. My wife is asking this question and my reply to her was "don't mess with the systems. Her reply to me was, "ask anyway." So, would this be a possible remodel, or a sure fire PIA for years to come?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-...spagenameZWDVW

Mel Tourme,

My guess - way too much money for the value gained. However, the best guy to ask would be Doug at Excalibur Coach, who gave us some great info at POG4.

http://www.excaliburcoachus.com/

Excalibur Coach
    1830 Bobby Lee Point Sanford, Florida 32771
    Office 407-302-9139 Fax 407-302-9140
    I-4 20 Miles West Of Daytona Beach (Exit 104)

MIke

PS I've found, the hard way, any input from the wife is helpful in the search of the perfect bus.
    Last edited by MangoMike; 10-28-2007 at 09:31 AM.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Plenty of pictures that's for sure.

I think that is the first time I have ever seen a generator in the bay that is normally reserved for plumbing and water tanks. They also do not show the size of the water tanks. Coincidence or not?

We would not be willing to compromise any water capacity for the additional space created by that generator location.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 10-28-2007 at 10:43 AM.

win42 Guest

TD: We just went from a 40 ft. center bath to a 45 ft. with private camode area. The only change I saw was less width in the bath area making it more crowded for two people to pass. Close both doors with the center bath and you have more room to bath and dress but you will do it one at a time. The other way allows both in the same area, but crowded. That is a very well preserved (new) 91 Liberty.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Just found this:

http://www.heartlandbus.com/VehicleD...m?StockNo=1319

If someone was looking for an affordable Liberty this looks taken care of.

Thanks for the link, Joe. Actually we bought the Liberty from Paul Davis this past Monday. We have been looking for six months or so without finding "exactly" what we wanted. This old coach is so nice and so affordable that it will serve us fine till the perfect one comes along. And, I am tired of spending the bucks on the plastic coach that can be spent on a bus. We will pick her up late next week after new tires and a trip through Prevost Texas. I had the computer checked last week and everything looked good with the exception of the MPG. The computer had never been reset and over the life of the coach the reader showed 5.7 MPG for the average. The mechanic who did the read said having the valves adjusted was going to help the MPG somewhat.
    While not up to the status of TBC folks, we are now two coach club members for however long it takes to sell the Country Coach. It is a nice coach and will be on the Mr. Oliver's web site in a couple of weeks.
    A big thanks to Jon who kinda walked me through this deal with alot of good information and encouragement. Stand by big guy, the question list is growing by the hour.

Uh, Ted....

I should have told you there is no perfect coach, and MPD is controllable, but not curable.

But as you continue the quest for the perfect coach, you have a fine one and you will enjoy it.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Did you get the one you were originally asking about in this thread?

That too is a lot for the money.

Congradulations.

Were has Viv been, this is what she too was looking for?
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 11-22-2007 at 04:24 PM.

Yea, Joe, that is the one we bought. Made the deal for a little less that the ask for price so that was good. We are the third owners and sometime along the way the coach had SS rub rails and updated head and tail lights installed. The old 8V92 is dry top and bottom which was a nice surprise.

5.7 MPG for a lifetime average doesn't sound at all bad for an 8V92. Mine always averaged between 5.5 and 6.0. Coming west it was 5.5 (up hills), and better going east.

Ray