Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Towing

Smile Not Towing

To save fuel on the bus, and tires on the H2, we will not tow to the POG. Instead we will mooch rides from other Prevost owners.

This will permit more time to detail the bus to concours condition, it will allow time that would have been dedicated to cleaning the H2 exclusively to polishing my slack adjusters, wheel holes and the back side of my hub caps.

When we do get free rides from guys like JDUB I will probably sit on the fine Corinthian leather seats with a screw driver in my back pocket, and leave greasy fingerprints on all surfaces.

Anybody got a problem with that?

Just Plain Jeff Guest

I think this is a bad idea.

1. Since we are all using Jerry's corporate card for fuel this month, there should be no waffling on diesel or gas expense.

2. I had not offered it before, but I do have a gasoline-powered, 5 hp pressure washer with a (are you ready for this) BLACK TIP. (In some states people must be licensed to have one). I was going to offer to clean your electrical system with it, to save time and energy.

3. You are not going to have room to take home all the parts people are bringing with you unless you have a trailer. But I know a guy who knows a guy.

4. I think you are creating a cover for the fact that the Hummer tires are not actually round.

----------------------------------------------------------

Milwaukee Heavy Duty Tool Member
    Ugh.

In addition to getting free rides in JDUB's H3, I will also bum rides with anybody that owns a new Exploder.

My bus is so well loved it never experiences the harsh feel of a power washer, but just the gentle caress of my manucured fingers and soft cotton towels without nylon threads.

I will not be loading up on spare parts unless they have been waxed, polished, buffed, and certified. If they are not color coordinated I also refuse to even get them close to my coach.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Aaah, now the truth comes out.

Jon, being the first one who used the word, "blingy" on this forum, somewhat of an event itself, doesn't want to lose any of the jewels glued on his new finger nails.

Smile Not Towing Too

"Anybody got a problem with that?" - Yep

This comes after Mike says, "Hey JDUB, don't tow the H3 ALL THE WAY FROM HOUSTON cuz we can just bum a ride with Jon in the luxurious H2.

So who's gonna rent us a Hummer to ride in at the rally? Doesn't Mike tow a Yugo?

You guys have no idea how hard it is to maintain my analness image.

I now have to stop every 1 hour to gently remove any foreign material from my coach with my California duster. When I get near the campground I have to give the entire coach a gentle shampoo, and I must not only polish the wheels, I have to use tire dressing in the treads on the tires.

You ought to see what that does to my nails.

Nobody even looks in the window of the H2 without written permission of Lady Di. The H2 is her ride.

If you guys are looking for me to provide transportation I can bring the Dodge PU. The only problem is the seating area in the rhino-lined bed has mud, oil, and diesel fuel all over it. But the tires are round.

Are you kidding me!

Jon won't miss a chance to Bling the crowd by rolling in towing that newly waxed H2. If not he's going to have to un-hook the beast when it's time to take us to din din. I've always wanted to see a Prevo at the Sonic take out window.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

I wanna see the first guy to take an XLV through the take out window at Checkers for the Barclay dinner meal.

I have to think that will be the same guy who tried to take his coach to the airport to pick up his bride...