Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bridge Weight Limits

This is a perfect example of a risk versus reward analysis.

Before I would want to cross a bridge with limits below my weight I would ask myself if the time I am saving by crossing the bridge as opposed to finding another route with no limits is worth or greater in value than the cost of my coach and the bridge.

Government entities expect the people that broke their bridge to pay for their bridge. You break it, you buy it.

You are absolutely right, Jon. As a government employee, I saw many claims forwarded to individuals for repairs to traffic signal lights, fire hydrants, bridge abutments, and storm drains.

We were permitted by law to charge for labor, materials and equipment plus 40%. And you know that no government job was ever completed without a full complement of workers and supervisors!

Adds up to real dollars real fast and your insurance carrier won't be happy.

Talking EXAMPLES OF RISK ANALYSIS

Risk analysis 101: some examples. Will the rewards be worth the risk,

You decide!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    This is a perfect example of a risk versus reward analysis.

Before I would want to cross a bridge with limits below my weight I would ask myself if the time I am saving by crossing the bridge as opposed to finding another route with no limits is worth or greater in value than the cost of my coach and the bridge.

Government entities expect the people that broke their bridge to pay for their bridge. You break it, you buy it.
    I agree with that! I just weighed my XL2 and with full fuel and water with most of our stuff in it it came out to 50,200#. I don't have the ticket with me right now but I think about 17300# of it was on the steering axle. It actually came out about where I thought it would for gross and just a bit more on the steering than I had anticipated.