Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Featherlite Stacker

Hybrid View

1carguy Guest

Default stacker trailer

I was told that I should not allow the tongue weight to reach more than 1,000 lbs. by the converter. Using the scale with the trailer loaded as I normally load it I pegged the scale at over 2,000 lbs. This was with both vehicles pointed forward centered over the axles of the trailer plus a golf cart in the front. I blew a front trailer tire which made me think that there could be a possible heat problem due to the weight. I would highly recommend scaling the tongue and adjusting the load accordingly. I have a winch in my trailer and it was no problem to winch the bottom car in backwards.

When I had the blow out I changed all of my tires out to a Michelin that allowed a higher load plus allowed a maximum 110 psi air pressure. Before you do this you need to be sure your rim will accept this much psi. Fortunately, the Alcoa rims on my trailer would accept this.

My mileage on my H has always sucked. It a 2006 model that I had built new. It now has 45,000 lbs. Hopefully, as it gets broken in it will improve. Detroit say they will not look at this until I have at least 70-80,000 miles on it.

Hope this helps

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

What is your combined gross weight?

You suggested that we really need a scale to measure tongue weight. Do you have a cool tool or were you refering to a standard truck scale?
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 12-25-2007 at 07:09 AM.

We bought a 24' stacker trailer (2006) from Featherlite when we bought our coach several weeks ago. They said $28K - $30K to paint it to match the coach. I think we're going to like the plain black paint job really well.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I bet a local body shop would do it for less.

I have a friend who has a 26 FT Pace American Stacker for sale. It is a 2006and he is asking 19,500. If anyone is interested please send me a private email or call me at 440-639-8505
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

Here is a picture of the trailer I mentioned previously.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

rff105 Guest

My stacker is up on RVTrader.com now. I still really want that trailer even though i have gone the way of the toad now.
    I emailed them, they are still looking for 85K for it.
    http://www.rvtrader.com/rvdetail2108548.htm

Richard. Have you seen Kevins Trailer. Its on the POG site. I think those folks will soon realise a Trailer with such specific graphics has very little resale value.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

rff105 Guest

In October you could buy a brand new unpainted Featherlite stacker for 85K, they say prices have gone up because of Aluminum but i have not priced one lately. Granted this one does have a lot of options and a very expensive paint job but most people buying a 85K trailer will go with the new one. I am in no hurry i will see where this trailer is in a year or two. They have my email address and they know we have the matching coach and are interested.

blacklab Guest

I need info on buying and the installation of a 20,000# hitch on my XL 40'
    Any ideas?