Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Featherlite Stacker

rff105 Guest

Default Featherlite Stacker

Good news the former owner of our coach had a custom painted Featherlite stacker for our coach that he wants to sell.

Bad news he wants $87K for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Wow

He is damn proud of that one, isn't he!

My first house was just less than that!

I must say ,, it does look stunning though!

Being one who has an incurable trailer fetish, I am on my third featherlite trailer. Bought the current one with the triple axles. It's 24' and 10'6'' tall. Custom cabinets, golf cart door in curb side. No lift. New price two years ago was under 40,000. Main thing we have found is Quality and attention to detail severely lacking on this one compared to the one we bought in 97.

rff105 Guest

They gave me a quote on a new one just like this for $88K plus about $20K for paint when i was at Featherlite. What is the difference between your $40K trailer and this $88K trailer. I have to admit my jaw dropped when he said the price it was double what I expected a trailer to cost. Were they just trying to take me for a ride?

I would really like to own a stacker some day, but for these prices you could rent any cars and toys you want at your destination, save on fuel, and not have to pack or haul your stuff and still come out ahead.
    Last edited by rff105; 10-26-2007 at 06:08 AM.

I wish I were an artist. Sounds like I'd like to get into the trailer painting business!!!

rff105 Guest

http://www.prevost-stuff.com/1998_30...ilerKevinE.htm

This looks like a good deal in comparison. To bad we got a coach without stainless. This trailer would out class our H3 with all that shiny metal.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

105 I think that toybox said his was 10-6 high and no lift.

We used to snowmobile all the time. Had 2 sleds, an enclosed trlr, all the gear.

Ended up doing exactly what your considering, every year. Put a suitcase in the trunk and hammer down. Started renting everything, gear included.

No purchase costs, no maintenance, no insurance, easier on the car and driving, always new sleds, no storage issues and on and on and on.

That black stacker you found is Kevin Erion , he is member in the POG.

Every now and then we will take a short trip with the bus and leave the P-U at home. To me it is a very noticeable difference behind the wheel, a pleasant change of pace. Leaving a 24ft stacker behind every now and then has to be like cutting an anchor loose in a strong current.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 10-26-2007 at 05:48 PM.

Here is an older one that was pulled by an matching H3. And, that is the "asking price." Click on each picture for more details.
    http://mrolivers.com/website_slot_01_1desc.htm

rff105 Guest

http://www.philcooper.com/details.php?v_id=330

I guess there are some people out there willing to pay the premium for a used Featherlite stacker. I guess high $80K's is the going rate.

1carguy Guest

Default stacker trailer

I have a Featherlite stacker trailer that I pull behind my H. Couple of things I have learned:

A. You really need a scale to measure tongue weight. It is really easy to over load the tongue weight. www.sherline.com I normally haul two corvettes plus a golf cart in the trailer. When I checked the wight only way I could get it in line was to back in the lower car and get the weight in the back.
    B. If you are going to tow very much be sure to check the weight capacity of the tires on the trailer. Make sure the combined weight of your load and the trailer is less than the combined capacity of the tires. Then keep the air pressure up at the maximum amount shown on the sidewall of the tire. If you are going to tow a trailer very much investing in a smart tire system would be quite wise.
    C. Having a camera inside the trailer is worthless since when the doors on the trailer are closed it is pitch dark inside.
    D. Always ask for a driver side door so you can crawl out the door of the car. Pay close attention to the size, location, and the height of the door off the floor.
    E. While you do not know that you are towing a car your sure do know it when you have a stacker trailer behind you. It makes a huge difference in performance and fuel consumption. On a trip from Orlando to Park City, UT my normal 5.5 mpg went down to 3.5 towing the stacker with 2 cars and a golf cart in it.
    C. Several good alternatives to Featherlite are ATC and Brown Motorsports - Apache Junction, AZ. They are the former Hamlet Trailer manuf. Both build great custom trailers at very competitive prices.