Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct TV .... Gotta love 'em

lewpopp Guest

Well it sounds like the predicament that I went thru when I forgot to lower the dish and needed a new one. I purchased a new Moto-Sat and it put me back on the line. But... a few months later the brain box gave up and I called Moto-Sat and they sent me a Nomad brainbox. I think my wife looked it up today and it was $495 last March. Well it bit the dust about 6 weeks ago and called and they sent me the Nomad II. I had to pay the freight because it was over 90 days since I purchased the original. Next day air from Utah was 40 some Lew bucks. It was here the nsxt morn. I can't live without TV.

Now I want to get HD and I find I have to replace my dish and reciever. I paid $895 a year ago for the replacement dish and I'm not happy. I guess I have temporairily (sp) given up on that idea and so I will get it only over the batwings. Just to let you know, I am short of Lewbucks also.

I purchase my Executive dish from Satellites in Motion in Willis Tx. They have a website but they don't like to return calls.

Lew

Lew,

BUT, are you still short of breath??? Thats more important than lewbucks.

Mike

Question Upgrade the bus to HD Viewing

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    Now I want to get HD and I find I have to replace my dish and reciever. Lew
    Lew, don't know if this will make you feel better or worse about your decision on NOT going with HD, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway.

To have HD TV, you not only have to have:

1) HD Reciever
    2) HD Satelitte Dish, or HD Cable Box at your Home site,
    but you also have to have at a Minimum Component Video Cable, (Red,Blue,Green) run from the HD Dish to your HD TV (or the newest HDMI audio/video cable), just to get the HD picture.

It is fantastic TV viewing but as you have found out, very expensive especially in the bus. Think about the long run of special cable from your satelite to your TV? How would you run the cable, and this cable is very expensive.

For a much better detailed outline from Nick Hesler, go to http://www.prevost-stuff.com./audiov...sics-partI.htm I forgot about Nicks info before I typed everything above.

Good luck though, if you decide to upgrade to HD?

Gary S

lewpopp Guest

Gary, thanks for the reply. I have since said to myself "SCREW IT". My batwings need an improvement and I will stick to fixin' that and HD can be received over that syatem at no charge. Of course not all those local stations carry HD.

Default I am now mad enough to scream .....

9 days ago, I ordered the new card for the Direct TV receiver. It didn't arrive, and this is day 9 so the card expires today.

Direct TV says, USPS tracking shows that USPS received the package. But, nothing beyond that is shown, i.e. not delivered, not in transit, nothing.

DTV says, I have to call USPS. I tell them there is no chance I can get this installed by today, can they extend the expiration. No, I'm told. I ask for a supervisor. He tells me same thing. Cannot be extended, and it's my responsibility to track it down. And yes, a new card is another $20.00.

Call USPS, they don't have a clue where it is, but it's not guarenteed to be delivered in ANY timeframe (US Priority Mail). I could file a complaint, but their computer is down.

So, now I'm left with basically, it's my fault, and I have to now pay another $20 to MAYBE get a card.

This SUCKS!

Ya know,

If you stop and think about it; we pay $50/month for satellite TV so that we can hear screaming matches on the talk shows, screaming matches on the news (where 3 people are shown disagreeing with each other and the commentator), the same weather over and over, and 10 minutes of news stretched out into a 24 hour a day format. And then we are subjected to ridiculous commericals that are loud and intrusive, selling us products that don't work and are not really representative of the claims made. With about a hundred channels to choose from you would think that there would be something entertaining or humorous to watch; wrongo!

If you are really lucky you can find old re-runs of your favorite sit-coms from yester-year (Andy Griffin, Lucy, Leave it to Beaver,); but DIRECT TV will dump on that channel also. How? They show the same episodes back to back ! I saw the same episode of Leave it to Beaver three days in a row.

$50/month x 12 months = $600/year. We could buy a 200 gallon tank of diesel with those Lewbucks. It kind of makes you think doesn't it

It's our choice!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Amen to that, brother!

Quote Originally Posted by merle&louise View Post

I saw the same episode of Leave it to Beaver three days in a row.
    WHY ??? !!!!

Gary S

Default Card replacement

Last time I got into a pissin match w/ DTV on a card, I told them I wanted it sent via fedex. They said no. I demanded to speak to the supv, an explained that they would either overnight it, or I was cancelling all the receivers and going to dish (would never do it LOL).

Card came via fedex next morning.

Just dig in and give em hell!

When I was really having trouble making Mercedes understand that even though they kept replacing my instrument cluster everytime it went black, I didn't care how nice they were, or how they washed the car every time. I wanted a car that worked so well that I actually never had to deal with them.

They did not seem to understand the concept until I asked them what part of Lexus did they not get?

Perhaps the folks at Direct TV need to get an understanding of the word Dish.