Thread: Time for some fresh air...

Default Time for some fresh air...

Ok, so I've looked and looked and read the owners manual and on and on....

But I still can't find the air filters for the cruise airs. I'm betting there's at least 4 ??

Since we live in the bus full time, I sure would like to change (or clean, as the case may be) the air filters on a regular basis.

So, if anyone is familiar with the general location of the air filters on a 2000 Liberty, I sure would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Ya see, Janice is likely to get real nervous if I just start taking things apart on a random seek and find mission.....

Paul,

Since a lot of Liberty owners have similar floor plans the best way to answer your question is to describe your specific floor plan and then we can take shots at telling you where to find the filters. You can expect to access them with a screw driver.

You could also call Liberty.

Don't ask Lew. He'll see your Liberty and will drool all over the floor.

dalej Guest

Paul if you see where the air is circulating back thru, the filter is close. Take a candle, hold it close to what looks like air vents and watch the flame. The air has to circulate.

Just can't think they hid them that good.

The front and rear evaporator coils are fairly obvious. The port and starboard evaporators are buried under a cabinet, or next to some drawers, and the air intake is through the baseboard and that doesn't necessarily mean it is nearby.

That is one reason why I suggest new owners open all cabinets, remove all drawers and open up any panels they can find. You not only locate things like the AC filters, but the shut off valves or relays, or any other devices you may need to locate in the future.

Thanks for all the pointers. Spent most of the afternoon cleaning the "easy" filter for the rear AC.

Come to find out on ours, you have to empty the shirt closet on the port side of the bed headboard in order to remove the panel to get access to the filter.

The good news was that it wasn't really all that dirty, which hopefully means that it's been maintained. Seems to be a washable filter screen.

However, having seen this set-up, I've got a bad feeling about the gyrations required to access the center AC units. Looks like maybe an access from a closet on the port side and probably through a medicine cabinet on starboard.

It'll be easier to just keep the bus moving and run the OTR air.......

Don't forget those filters, including the one at the dash air. The dash air filter on mine is in the center of the dash area behind a moveable flapper. The big filters are located in the top of the evaporator coil compartment (3rd back, driver's side) accessible by removing 3 screws to remove a cover plate and then the three sections slide out, center first and then the LH and RH sections.

Taking care of these is a full time job. Or you could be like the TBC members and just trade every couple of years.

There is a thread Warren started a few days ago regarding filters whic I detailed my Cruisaire locatiosn.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

VegasDogMan Guest

Paul:
    Mid Cruise Air filter on my 97 Liberty is behind a mirror panel to the left of the vanity in bathroom. There are four (4) Chrome screw covers that have to be removed and then the mirror pops out to access the Mid CruiseAir evaporator located behind fridge.

Front and Rear Cuuise Air filters are fairly easy to find. In my coach they're adjacent to the two TV's.

Good Luck.