Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quebec City, Quebec Prevost Rally

Smile Quebec City, Quebec Prevost Rally

I recieved in the mail the Prevost Rally invitation. July 7th to July 10, 2008.
    $950.00 for two, early bird special. Its about 3200 miles, 45 driving hours from SB, CAlif. Tech. Seminars, Golf, Motorcycle rides, Helicoptor tours & more. Dry camping at Expo center, early registration Parks closest to events.
    I might send in the $ just to hold a spot. Beats me if I can get away for 3 weeks but it would be a great trip. Last time I was in Quebec was in 1976 for the Olympics in Montreal traveling in my VW Bus.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

dalej Guest

Gary, sounds like a very nice trip. I hope you can make it, sounds like a long way though.

If you go you have take a bunch of jpeg's to share with us left behind guys.

I am not a math major, but essentially you get to pay $1000 for three meals and maybe a round of golf.

If you choose to go on your own, on a different weekend you can dry camp at Prevost, get a factory tour, pay for your own meals and come out about $800 ahead. If you tell the folks at Prevost you might be buying another coach I'll bet they might buy you a lunch after the tour which will be a personal one instead of a crowd.

The seminar (if it holds true to what they morphed into the last year we were in the PP) is likely to be about the latest and greatest features of the new shells in the hopes you want to trade in your present one so you can get one of the first ones with the Volvo engine.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

If you like the New England area, y'all come up to Maine. We'll offer full-hook ups, a dinner, no sales pitch, fresh lobstah from the docks, golf, shopping and we speak English (more or less). You may have to listen to Fast Roger sing, "On the Road Again," but hey, nothing is free?

dalej Guest

Jeff, where do we sign up?...that sounds perfect!

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Well there Dale, if enough people want such a rally, I betchya we could figure something out.

Since that general timeframe is within the 'two weeks' of summer in Maine, it'd be a great time to bring the family and have a good old time. Maybe we could kick back, make some campfires, make S'Mores and tell some lies? Y'know, like....camping?

Anyone else?

JPJ,

How did they finish planning the big time Prevost rally without you supplying us with an update or did I miss it?

Just Plain Jeff Guest

We didn't think that a helicopter rides, a dinner and a technical seminar was the complete 'schedule.' Still waiting for details.

I still think it's interesting. As mentioned previously, I recently got a copy of the Marathon quarterly magazine. Most of it was devoted to upcoming or previous rallies.

There were somewhere around 4-5 rallies listed coming up this next year, and all of them were in the range of $1500 to $3500!!! Yikes.

I was pretty shocked. Obviously, they have very nicely catered meals, but still it makes the POG rallies at $300-400 seem very reasonable. But, point is that $900 is not out of line with some of the converter's rallies. I certainly wouldn't expect Prevost to come up with a $350 rally! Nor would I expect them to have a session on "the leans" either!

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Jeff,

Coldest water on the planet is in the Saco River in July. I was there many years ago, about 40 would be right. I saw lots of Maine people having a ball swimming in the river so I decided to join them. Wow, I dove in and my feet never touched the river bottom. To this day I don't know how I did a U-turn in the middle of diving in order to land back on the shore covered in "goose bumps." How about installing some nuclear water heaters up stream of the camp ground for us thin blooded southerners! The wife is from Boston so bring on the lobsters. I understand there is a four day lobster festival in Augusta Maine perhaps in August. Could the Maine Rally schedule be arranged around that time?