Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Locked in the coach!

Just Plain Jeff Guest

You can get into any XL or XLV with just a putty knife.

Default Battery Switches in locked compartment

My grandkids were playing with the switches near the coach door and apparently pushed the air lock switch. A little later I started the engine and went outside the coach, closing the door behind me. Shortly thereafter I tried to open the door and discovered the door airlock was set. Not problem, I had another set of keys. Well, the other set of keys did not include the keys for the engine doors. Breaking the window did cross my mind but I finally called a locksmith. He was unable to open the door where the 12v & 24v switches are located but was able to open the rear doors. Ultimately I was able to reach the switches with a long stick and recycle them to get my door open. Needless to say I now have extra keys outside the coach in case this happens again.

As for JDUB's comment on the toilet flapper valve. I never though of Saran Wrap! Last weekend a hand lotion bottle tumbled into the toilet breaking or dislocating the flapper valve. I placed some moistened TP over the hole to prevent the odor from entering the coach. Smart, I thought until we returned to the locked coach to discover warm temperatures had started the exhaust fan in the bathroom. This of course pulled fresh air in from the outside vent into the black water holding tank and out the toilet that had drying TP flapping in the wind. Nice odor, kinda like the old outdoor crap houses! Now if Jerry will just explain how to replace the toilet flapper I will put that on my agenda of things to do this weekend.

ajhaig Guest

Well... Pulled into USA Coach service center in downtown San Francisco.

A guy came out with the biggest pair of Vice-Grips I've ever seen (Jon, it's on my list of tools to buy) and twisted part of the lock... Problem solved, no charge! Got a quick wash and we were off.

We pulled into the San Francisco RV Resort in Pacifica before 3:00 p.m.

Thanks again.

AJ

P.S. Is this what they mean when they say "expect a close neighbor?"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Darl,

If your toilet is a Microphor, you will have to remove the toilet to get to the flapper box in order to replace the flapper. Not a bad job, but I had the luxury of doing it at home in my garage. Here is what it looks like removed:

IMG_0687_1.JPG
    Looking inside from the bottom, the black box houses the flapper

IMG_0697_1.JPG
    Flapper with attached actuating arm

Default Thanks Tom!!

I am not sure of the brand name of this toilet Tom but I am sure they are all similar. If I am lucky it will just be a missing pin, etc. If not I will be ordering parts. I want to go to Twin Lakes by Bridgeport,CA for the last time this season for some German Brown fishing. If I don't get this fixed right away I might be using the JDUB Plastic Wrap trick! I sure appreciate your help and the fine pictures.

dalej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darl-Wilson View Post
    Tom but I am sure they are all similar.
    NOT EXACTLY! ...that is why POG is so great!

Default Emergency Exiting

Quote Originally Posted by ajhaig View Post
    Here we go again...

We are locked in the coach! The only way to get out is to reach out the window and unlatch the door from the outside. The inside handle isn't working.

Has anyone ever had this problem?

How do I get the "button" things off the panel that covers the lock area?

Many thanks.

AJ
    The big question ; What do you do in case of Fire or emergeny to exit the bus if your front door is jammed. My windows fold open so we have a total of four windows we can exit out. Make sure your kids know what to do in case you are not near by as well. Gary
    Last edited by garyde; 10-22-2007 at 11:06 PM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

dalej Guest

Gary, the way I have understood that issue, there is a pull ring on the side windows that you can pull the filler strip out and push the window out to get out. I have that on mine.

Come on now AJ, we don't won't to see pictures without the kids.
    And, I'm thinking with the neighbor parked part way over on your site like that, well it think that permits you to idle for as long as you need to warm her up before heading out. Don't do it, but it sure would be tempting.

Great pictures and nice location. When I saw the proximity of the rigs I thought of the RV park in downtown San Francisco, Beverly Beach FL, a typical Liberty rally in Stuart......