Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Locked in the coach!

dalej Guest

Joe, one time when I was working on the coach, the door was open and I had pressed on some of the buttons by accident, I think I was laying the carpet, not sure. I had turned the batteries on to do something else and the door air lock was applied, the door wouldn't shut.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I figured it was something odd. Nice to know and I'm gonna try it.

ajhaig Guest

Marathon and Prevost 24 hr support techs think the strike pin needs to be replaced... ???
    Attached Images Attached Images

wrongagain Guest

I am going to say I have serious doubts that that pin has anything to do with the problem, unless it has a 1/2" groove in it.
    for every action there should be a reaction.
    move the lever and see what it isnt doing.
    there should be an obvious chain of events that happen in order for it to release.
    is there a rod moving that isnt causing the next part in the chain to move.

wrongagain Guest

what parts are moving when you do it from outside, they should be moving the same parts when you do it from inside

Quote Originally Posted by dalej View Post
    When we are inside the bus to sleep,
    Dale, I didn't think you ever slept? WORK WORK WORK

Gary S.

dalej Guest

Gary...

Peter,

Could you post the lock story on this board? I actually think that you are on to something here.

Maybe at the next rally we need to have a "Case History" session where we get folks who have had experiences like this to describe them, include photos or illustrations and show how they resolved the issue or fixed the problem.

This could include;

(1) Being locked in the coach w/ air lock explanation and photos of the locking mechanism and how it all works

(2) What happens when the "Check Engine Light" or "Shutdown Engine Light" comes on and use of the DDEC "Override" function

(3) The OTR AC stops - Where the circuit breakers are and why this is the first place to look.

(4) When the flapper on your crapper won't stay shut - the quick fix that doesn't include Saran Wrap over the bowl to keep the funk out of the coach

(5) How to find the remote black water valve switches before you dump a loo load on the road.

(6) The Low Beer Light - emergency procedures when you find yourself in a dry county.

Chris and Debbie Yates Guest

Red face

Hey Jerry,should Chris and I feel paranoid ?,we seem to resemble those remarks!!!

win42 Guest

Jerry @ Tulsa RV got a phone call from a women that said their dog hit the interior lock switch and locked them out. Her husband was going to break a window to gain access. Jerry told her to turn off both main battery switches and turn them back on. The door lock was reset and opened.