Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me again on aux air PLEASE

Default Help me again on aux air PLEASE

see my previous post:

When I turn aux air circuit breaker on pressure builds up to 55 lbs, then shuts
    off and air starts gushing out right away with a lot of noise and sounds like its coming from inside the compressor. I have checked all connections and cannot see or feel a thing and the noise is 18 inches from me but I cannot see or feel inside of compressor.. IT leaks down to 50 lbs real quick then starts over and does same thing over and over and etc.If I turn circuit breaker off after it leaks down to 50 lbs it will hold that between 45 and 50 for several weeks.

Do compressors have relief valve when pressure gets over 50 or so lbs?

Do they have an adjustment to limit pressure to 45lbs or so?

Any ideas greatly appreciated! Dan & Jo

----------------------------------------------------------------------

attached are 2 pics

You can see the blue AIRTROL pressure electric switch F4900-100. When compressor reaches 45 lbs it cuts off and Air comes out of the top of the pressure switch down to approx 40 lbs and puimp starts over . IT all takes place in about 15 seconds.If electric switch is bad is it normal for air to come out of top of switch which looks like a squarebox?

The pressure guage has a black knob on top which you can turn while pump is running or stopped and change pressure guage to 35, 40, 45,50 or whatever. IDEAS
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

dalej Guest

Dan, I don't know your system but I have to think that the aux air compressor is going to pump up to 120# in the aux tank. then the air comes out and goes to a regulator and you should have that set to 40-50# for the step cover.

Do you have a aux tank gauge? should be right in the compartment close. Start there and drain off the air, start the aux compressor and see if you can get 120# you should have that much air in the aux tank.

Let me know what you find. You can call me, look under POG map.

Dan,

I wish we could get at your coach to nail it down, but from what you describe and the pictures you posted there are some clues.

I suspect your aux air compressor is strictly to maintain the regulated pressure for whatever devices you have in your coach. They could be the floor slide, generator air bags, and anything else the converter thought you might need air for when parked. Remember, that is a conjecture.

That appears to be reinforced by the regulator, its warning sign, and the pressure gauge.

Where this gets confusing and requires investigation is the Airtrol pressure switch and the escaping of air. The Airtrol switch I suspect is related to a maximum pressure that the converter or the compressor manufacturer has as a limit. That can be verified by checking to see if the Airtrol opens the circuit to the compressor once the pressure reaches a specific level. I would go further and look on line to see if the Airtrol not only opens the circuit, but also contains a pressure relief (to explain the air escaping) from the Airtrol.

Can you use a mirror and tape some yarn to it to try to see where air may be escaping from in the area around the compressor. This kind of analysis is tough. What has the folks at Parliament (or Featherlite if it one of their coaches) said to help you on this?

Default Air Prob.

I believe aux air does control floor slide, bed,toilet, belt tensinor, WHy didn't this show 2 weeks ago when you and all the experts were so handy? Oh well, I will be back at bus in the Am for another look like you suggest. I believe the air is coming out of the top of the switch which seems crazy!! I will take out of bus to get better look tomorrow. Jon,thanks again. Dan

Dan,

Try to find the Airtrol on line and see if it is both a pressure switch and relief valve.

Your problem may be as simple of adjusting the high pressure compressor limit switch to a lower value. Or there may be parts of the system we still are unaware of.

It sounds like what Jon has said, you need to adjust your pressure switch down.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Aux air

What does pressure switch look like? Thanks

Dan,

The Airtrol is a pressure switch. The picture below is a pressure switch. There is really no single configuration.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Aux Air Leak

I have been reading about folks on this board that their Aux air compressor only cycles once a day or something less than that. Mine has cycled much more often than that ever since I have owned the coach and I have been screwing around with pocket doors, bed lift, floor slide, door locks, air bags for gen and belts replacing many small components such as regulators and fittings.

I have also invested a considerable amount of time in the steering bay=

- Well let me tell you I found the damn leak.

Its the bolster valve in the drivers seat. How do you like them apples?" I feel like rather than replacing the valve just tying a knot in the air line!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Rodger

I have 2 ISRI seats and had that leak.

What I found was not only the button leaking but the black plastic lines get so brittle and dry they litterally were crumbling.

Also had to replace the ride height valve for the seat too.

Elgin had the stuff.